USD 124
USD 84
Free cancellation until 22/07
USD 145
  • Breakfast included
Pousada Cantinho do Sossego(Paraty)(Great Value!)
USD 132
USD 79
USD 67
USD 384
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsspent three nightsrooms are comfortablelovely poolperfect locationpousadapoolsideownerlanguagerelaxationparadise
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

The Pousada Pardieiro is a very nice place to stay and relax and in the same time so close to the antique sidewalks to go downtown and to the beaches.
We do recommend!
Delicious breakfast, music around, wonderful landscape gardening.
All the group of workers are really courtly.
I hope that we could return there soon!
Eda Piedade

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

There is a navy blue door at the dead end street full of tiny crabs. It's a spot for dreamers, as well as a perfect location for the best relaxation EVER for those whose lives are usually go-go-go. The pousada has greenery all around, a spectacular poolside, and surprise morning visits from tiny monkeys. The rooms are comfortable, and very quiet. Excellent location, within the old historic town, and free parking. Definitely a place to return!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

We spent three nights at the Pousada de Pardieiro at the end of January. We had been to Paraty several times before but this was our first stay at this delightful Pousada.
As others have said, this is not the place to go if you want a five star experience hermetically sealed off from nature.
What the Pardieiro does offer is a charming and restful atmosphere with extensive and exquisite gardens combined with lots of charming spots to quietly read, chat or just enjoy the sheer pleasure of being there.
We both speak Portuguese, and would say that some of the reserve of the staff other reviewers have mentioned comes from their nervousness about their command of English. Talking to them in their own language, they were friendly and relaxed, but had also been trained not to be intrusive.
We enjoyed our spacious suite with its four poster bed, efficient air conditioning, good powerful shower, and strong feel of history. The absence of a television seem to us to be a positive advantage, not a drawback!
The typical Brazilian breakfast is served in a a beautiful room just next to the swimming pool, and we realise that it would also be possible to take it at one of the adjacent tables in the open air.
We enjoyed several conversations with the new owner, who is clearly keen to preserve the very special nature of the Pardieiro, and look forward to staying there again in the future. This really is an idyllic place to spend a few days in this charming town, even when as in our case it rained for several hours a day.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Some of you who read this may easily identify with my dilemma.....when you encounter a hotel or inn, whose most attractive feature is its tranquil, secluded atmosphere, what will happen if you recommend it?? Will it become "popular" and as a result lose some of its charm as a haven of peace?
This is the case of the Pousada Pardieiro. It is well located within the historic center of Paraty, but removed from the hubbub of the tourist center. The hotel is in a charming setting with the rooms all distributed among the gardens and walkways which are inhabited by a band of local monkeys and lots of birds. Rooms are comfortable and air-conditioned but without sophistication and (what a blessing) WITHOUT TV! The atmosphere is geared to those who like to read, with a small library and comfortable reading spaces. To top it off, a decent swimming pool in a secluded area near the bar, where the only noise is the chatter of the little monkeys. For those who value peace and quiet, it´s close to paradise.
less than 5 minutes on foot to good restaurants or the pier to take a boat ride.

Room Tip: ask for a superior suite near the pool - you can fall out of bed and into the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Simon K
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I picked this hotel based on a certain websites rating which was rated at 8.6 and excellent. I must say my opinion was very different.

The hotel itself is indeed in the centre of the old town and the location is good, what they don’t tell you is that the parking areas is about 500m away and the street you walk down to find the hotel, which I have to add a had to ask directions for 3 times as the signs from the parking to the hotel are no existent is crawling with small crabs, some may thing this is cute – I didn’t and I can only imagine what it would have been like at night – I didn’t stay long enough to find out.

The guy at the front desk was pleasant enough and gave me my key and I was shown to my room, the hotel rooms surround some beautiful gardens which boast some great colour and I can see the appeal to some people. On the approach to my room I noticed the door was open, as were all the unoccupied rooms which surprised me but not as much as when I entered and found that the open door had allowed for all the flies and mosquitoes from the garden to make themselves at home. When I asked the guy that had taken me to my room about it he assured me they would all leave or die when I put the air conditioning on. I thought by the time they had left they would most likely have drained about 2 liters of blood from me and left me with a great case of dengue. Then I noticed there was no TV.

I went back to the front desk and was told that none of the rooms had TV’s and that there was a communal lounge for this, for the price of this hotel a communal lounge was not good enough for me. I then went back to my room and shut the door to put on the AC to hopefully kill all the insects that had moved in, only then did I realize this was a thankless task as there was a gap below my rooms door of 1cm to 3cm which meant that insects and possibly crabs from the street to enter unhindered. This is when I decided it was time to leave.

I have never left a hotel before I unpacked but it did with this one, one leaving the guy at the front desk said that this was not the first time guest had checked out early. Thankfully I found another place, cheaper and better about 400 meters away which allowed me to enjoy my stay in Paraty.

Stayed: January 2016