See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this Pousada in Paraty for New Year’s weekend and had a great visit! The accommodations were perfect to enjoy my first visit in Brazil. The owner is a kind and welcoming French lady and is full of energy with open arms to satisfy her clients. The buffet breakfast was superb with plenty of good food while enjoying the pool and it’s surrounding garden and numerous coconut trees, tropical flowers and even the surprising visit of small monkeys.
I will definitely return to Villa del Rey in Paraty!
Josette

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2015

This is the least I can talk about this hostel. It's far from the historic center, what can be fine if you have a car, otherwise you will have to walk for 20 minutes or take a bus. It have a sauna and a swimming pool and a fine breakfast. The room was wet and smells bad, it was cleaned only after I ask for, and it was a poor cleaning. The bathroom was bad cleaned too. The wi-fi doesn't works anywhere.

Room Tip: A room in the upper levels have some privacy.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We would not recommend this pousada. We had to stay there for 3 nights because the town was full. They unfortunately could not offer an have extra bed for us because the place was full and we had to sleep with our daughter in the same twin bed. I almost wanted to leave before our vacation was over. We thought the room was not attractive in any way and was not worth the money they ask. Pillows were okay, but blankets... not.

The biggest problem were the insects that came through bathroom window that could not be closet at all because of the design of the window. They are always open! Also, the curtain is not sufficient to block sun in the mornings, its in bad shape and too small. We saw marks on the wall that a lot of people had used tape to block the sun coming in.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Johannafamily
Reviewed 31 March 2011

not sure why nobody mentioned the FOOD. OMG it's delicious, and cheap. eating in town, for this american, was like tijuana but 3 times the price. the food at Villa Del Rey was awesome. my son loved the pool and pool toys. They have a manicured garden like in a magazine, right on the river. Old Town Paraty is SO noisy. I won't stay there. Here at the Pousada it's peaceful and lovely, with only a short trip to old town Paraty. Warning, they have really nice rooms and then older rooms for low budget travelers. Make sure you ask for the nice rooms. The two fellas who just bought this place are fixing it up and have really good taste. Ugh, you should see some of the Pousadas around here. Dumps. Enjoy your stay at Villa del Rey....

Room Tip: ask for the renovated rooms on the second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank steveboullianne
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Charming environment, with very kind atendees. Not far from historical center.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple