When you arrive here the receptionist tells you its like a paradise. Well I wouldn't go quite that far, but it nearly is....
After a "busy" holiday time at Carnival in Rio and in Salvador, it was immediately so relaxing to have some lunch at the bar/sun terrace in the hotel overlooking the bay. There is a swimming pool here, and whilst not huge, is fine to swim in.
I love the way the Pousada is composed of a number of small buildings, none of which are the same. This, together with the decor and the great location creates a sort of effortless stylishness which is just wonderful and very relaxing.
My room was a good size and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom is fine, though a flexible shower head rather just a fixed one would have been nice. There are air conditioners in each room, but during the day the staff leave open the windows (secure as these are within the hotel) and these keeps the rooms nice and cool, without the noise of the air conditioner. I noticed some ant-mosquito things in the room, but I wasn't troubled at all. WiFi didn't work in my room, but worked very well in the bar/sun terrace area, and it certainly was no problem to go there when I wanted to use my computer !
The reception staff were very helpful, both with recommendations and when I had difficulty with the airport transfer arrangements made by my tour company. Breakfast was excellent, both the buffet items and the fresh omelette they made me.
Although there are a lot of steps the walk into Buzios (if you cut through sister hotel Casa Brancas) is easy and enjoyable. Buzios is a great place for a relaxing short stay after visiting Rio. Whilst an upmarket resort is quite informal, not pretentious and has some character.
Abracadabra is one of the nicest places I've stayed for a long time. Highly recommended
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abracadabra is a unique and exclusive spot, set in the charming and sophisticated peninsula of Buzios, 180 km from Rio de Janeiro. The hotel is located only five minutes away from the heart of town and it features wonderful scenery, an idyllic terrace, a true manifestation of charm in a paradisiac setting. Our goal is to provide our guests an aesthetic harmony, casualness and true pleasure with a professional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and Odigeo so you can book your Abracadabra Pousada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abracadabra Pousada Buzios
- Abracadabra Pousada Hotel Buzios
- Abracadabra Pousada Armacao Dos Buzios, Brazil