New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Abracadabra Pousada

Abracadabra Pousada
Ranked #4 of 100 Hotels in Armacao dos Buzios
Leeds, UK
“They say its a paradise...and it nearly is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

When you arrive here the receptionist tells you its like a paradise. Well I wouldn't go quite that far, but it nearly is....

After a "busy" holiday time at Carnival in Rio and in Salvador, it was immediately so relaxing to have some lunch at the bar/sun terrace in the hotel overlooking the bay. There is a swimming pool here, and whilst not huge, is fine to swim in.

I love the way the Pousada is composed of a number of small buildings, none of which are the same. This, together with the decor and the great location creates a sort of effortless stylishness which is just wonderful and very relaxing.

My room was a good size and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom is fine, though a flexible shower head rather just a fixed one would have been nice. There are air conditioners in each room, but during the day the staff leave open the windows (secure as these are within the hotel) and these keeps the rooms nice and cool, without the noise of the air conditioner. I noticed some ant-mosquito things in the room, but I wasn't troubled at all. WiFi didn't work in my room, but worked very well in the bar/sun terrace area, and it certainly was no problem to go there when I wanted to use my computer !

The reception staff were very helpful, both with recommendations and when I had difficulty with the airport transfer arrangements made by my tour company. Breakfast was excellent, both the buffet items and the fresh omelette they made me.

Although there are a lot of steps the walk into Buzios (if you cut through sister hotel Casa Brancas) is easy and enjoyable. Buzios is a great place for a relaxing short stay after visiting Rio. Whilst an upmarket resort is quite informal, not pretentious and has some character.

Abracadabra is one of the nicest places I've stayed for a long time. Highly recommended

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We spent a whole week in Buzios and the plan was to go out and experience different restaurants. After getting pampered by the restaurant's staff, we ended up dining at the Posada every day! Everyone went above and beyond to make our stay one of the most pleasurable experiences we've had! The food was absolutely delicious and overseeing a beautiful sunset while sipping a glass of wine was priceless.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This might be one of my favorite hotels I've ever stayed at. I was so perfectly relaxed during my entire stay, my friend and I decided to extend our stay a night. Betty at the front desk was wonderful, we enjoyed all of her recommendations. Breakfast is superb. The setting is gorgeous and the decor both in and out of the rooms is understated and perfect for the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sarah b
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I loved this boutique hotel from the minute I walked in the door. I loved everything about this place. The stunning views of the ocean, the incredibly sweet staff, the delicious breakfasts with champagne, and the proximity to town. It's the best!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SunnySM
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

This was a beautiful, peaceful botique hotel with excellent customer service, beautiful rooms and a great terrace with a stunning view. Owned by the hotel Casas Brancas next door, however quite a bit more low key. Perks for me were the terrace where you could lay out in the sun or under cover and take in the view while having a drink or lunch made for you by the staff member tending bar. The room had a very comfortable bed, nice tile floors and beautiful showers! I went almost a year ago and am still dreaming about it. My S.O. and I stayed here for a few nights during our "tour of Brazil" trip and was definitley the most luxurious experience. The woman who managed the facility and was at the front desk was very helpful and spoke great English to us as our Portuguease and Spanish are not the best. She took care of us, arranged activities and gave us great reccomendations whenever we wanted.

People that like this hotel would also like Mar Ipanema if you are going to be in Rio de Janeiro; another beautiful, comfortable, customer service oriented botique hotel.

Room Tip: I had one of the least expensive rooms as it was all that was available and it was still stunning; v...