My husband and I stayed here for the last 2 days of our 2 week honeymoon to Brazil after being told it was the best place to stay when visiting the falls and boy were they right! I had been tempted to book the sheraton as it had great reviews and was a bit cheaper but having seen it in person Im so glad we didnt, it looks like a 1970s prison whereas this place is a colonial palace!
There is nothing negative I can say at all, the hotel is beautiful and immaculately kept. The staff are wonderfully helpful and knowledgeable and the service is second to none.
As it was our honeymoon we were given a free upgrade to a Superior room which was gorgeous and very spacious, the bathroom was gorgeous!
Luxury toiletries, free pair of havianas flip flops each, chocolates & bottles of water daily and lots of lovely wee nibbles and drinks brought to us by the pool.
The bar was lovely in the evening and although the drinks are not cheap, youre in a 5 star hotel and you pay for quality! The pianist was fantastic, real old school elegance.
You can tell this is an Orient Express hotel as it feels like what I imagine the train is like, classic, beautiful and all about the quality.
If anyone would like to know anything else please dont hesitate to drop me a message, I could wax lyrical for ages! I will try to post photos soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - PR