4,506 results
All reviewsinside the national parkpark opensfull moonorient expressfalls viewitaipu restaurantipe grillworth every pennyfabulous hotelgarden wingexclusive accessunique locationa la carte restaurantplace to staycolonial styleonce in a lifetimeiguassu falls
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights, and absolutely loved this classy and historic hotel. Being nature lovers we also appreciated its location in the Iguazú National Park, which allowed guests to access the waterfalls at any time. The solitude of the hotel really creates an ambience of relaxation in remote wilderness (perfect for city people looking to get away).

All of the staff, amenities, concierge and thoughtful gestures (like complimentary Havainas flip flops) were wonderful. We dined in both restaurants which had exquisite food. In Itaipu (the non buffet restaurant), we experienced delays in receiving our dinner, and multiple members of hotel management apologized profusely and made things right without any hesitation. This was the only hiccup of our entire stay and I commend the management for handling it well. The pool is a great place to unwind after a long day of hikes and sun.

Tips:
- go to the Brazil side falls (on site) before and after the park closes (accessible only by guests) and be ready to get wet! You don’t need a tour guide
- Parque Das Aves (bird park) is a five min walk from the park gate. The hotel concierge can sell tickets to avoid waiting in line
- despite many warnings about the resident jaguar and not feeding the quatis, we didn’t see a single one (thankfully)
- bug spray is recommended
- if you plan to take the boat ride under the falls, the option in the Argentina park is better as it visits more falls (Mucoco only visits one, for about the same price)
- taxis cannot go directly to hotel; budget an extra 20 min to go anywhere because you have to take the hotel shuttle to the park gate entrance

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
CataratasManagement, General Manager at Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Rainxiaor,

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a wonderful 3 days at the Belmond exploring the awe inspiring falls, fauna and flora. The hotel was the perfect base, great pool, bar and restaurants to retire to after a full day out and about.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
CataratasManagement, General Manager at Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Ms. Diane H,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and other TA readers.
Our main aim at the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas is to deliver the highest level of service and attention to our guests. Feedback such as yours make us feel we are on the right track to achieve that goal.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Business has been bringing me through Iguaçu Falls pretty frequently over the last couple of months, and last month I had the pleasure of staying at the Belmond. Upon check-in, I commented that I was looking forward to staying at the best hotel in IGU. The check-in clerk said: “no, this is the best hotel in BRAZIL” in retrospect; I have to agree with him!

I travel extensively for business, and really the same goes for pleasure as my family and I do about 3-4 trips a year. The Belmond was in the top 10 worldwide for me.

The food was absolutely fantastic. I had to pace myself so that I could enjoy as much as possible, because it’s easy to eat too much at breakfast to be hungry at lunch, and VERY easy to eat too much at dinner to be unable to sleep!

Staying IN the park was amazing. Walk outside to the Foz, hiking around in nature, laying by the pool; heck, even the bathroom soaps were fantastic! I would have enjoyed another 3-4 days there. To my dismay it was booked solid two weeks later when I returned and I had to stay elsewhere. Bummer!

If the Belmond is available and in your budget, BOOK IT. Trust me when I say you won’t regret it!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
CataratasManagement, Owner at Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Mrs. Steven G,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and other TA readers.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I've stayed at 5 stars properties all around the world and the Belmond did not impress me. As for the views, well thats why you pay the $500+ a night to stay here. You get access to the park before the crowds so yeah you get amazing Insta/FB pictures :)
I mean thats why I did it and I am glad I did. If your goal is have access to the park before anyone else I would pick the Brazil side over the Argentina side. To be honest you maybe get 2 hours of daylight before the crowds (depending time of year) and Argentina side is so big no way you can maximize the time without croards versus at Belmond its a 5 minute walk to the first view point. You literally walk out of the hotel and its there.
As far as hotel itself. I was nice, I mean it looked like an old plantation. The rooms were spacious enough. Nothing massive but for a short stay did just fine. The bed was actually OK. I mean they were not uncomfortable but the pillows different story. I mean for a 5 star I expected better pillows. None out of the 4 were good enough. They felt like sleeping on stacked bed sheets. The free contents in the minibar was a nice touch as well as the bottle Iguazu water and free Havaianas to take home. The shower was pretty annoying. Its a half glass door so the water sprays all over the mirror and I am only 5'8" imagine someone taller who would have to adjust higher. They would wet entire bathroom.

All I have to say is if goal is to be in the park while it is close I would recommend this hotel over Argentina side but my brother stayed with his family in a very nice resort 15 minutes from the park. Much nicer rooms and resort space. Mabu Thermas Grand Resort.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank SandyR609
CataratasManagement, General Manager at Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear SandyR609,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

From the time we arrived at this beautiful hotel, the staff never stopped smiling, were friendly and super helpful.

Our rooms, while facing onto the forest and not the falls, were nevertheless large, comfortable and beautifully furnished. The beds though were not as comfy as the looked. The cherry on top was the free use of the contents of the mini bar. The bathrooms also came with a good selection of amenities.

The breakfast buffet had an excellent selection of food both hot and cold as well as champagne, which was included in the rate, and is situated overlooking the lovely, large swimming pool area. The grounds and gardens are beautifully maintained.

The cosy bar is worth a visit and light meals can also be enjoyed there. The veranda is a must for cocktails or sundowners as it has an amazing view of the falls.

The greatest perk of staying at the Belmond is that you can access the park and falls before the park opens to the hordes of tourists and after it closes in the afternoon. What a pleasure!! Highly recommended for a memorable stay!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends