“Enjoy water falls without other tourists”

Belmond Hotel das Cataratas
Ranked #1 of 79 Hotels in Foz do Iguacu
Reviewed 31 August 2015

The location is perfect. Although at several rooms you can see some falls from room window, the falls are far back, however, so I don’t think the fall view from hotel room can be big advantage. However, when you walk through trails just in front of hotel, outside of park’s opening time, you can enjoy Brazilian side of Iguazu falls, quietly without interruption from other tourists, and it is the most important advantage of this hotel. Room furniture was a little aged, but actually we liked a little old style of furniture. Room cleaning was done TWICE a day. During our two nights stay at this hotel on late August 2015 (several days earlier), the most important FLAWs that I felt, was the food quality. Simply speaking, I was better served from other hotels on this summer. Fruits and Jamón were a little worse than other hotels I stayed (It is not bad, and I am just saying that I was better served at other hotels). But what makes me furious, was the quality of bread, especially croissant, particularly, served at second morning breakfast. Inside of the croissant, there were full, hard lumps of not fully baked bread (I am sorry that I cannot express my experience properly since I am not a native speaker). At first night buffet dinner, the grilled meats were too cooked, and were not juicy. The quality of white rice was also poor. I feel that the quality of food should be improved for this level of luxury hotel. If you booked a room from trip advisor related site, like the way that I did, you may get a small room a little far from reception. I was introduced a better room AT ADDITIONAL 100 USD when I checked in. I have to say that it was not good that “originally assigned room was one of the farthest, and you were recommended a better room at additional more than 100 USD (including tax) during check in”. Although, the hotel provides complimentary WIFI, the internet speed was very slow (generally speaking, below 100 kilo bit per second), even high speed service with additional cost was generally the same speed compared with complimentary WIFI (I complained about this, and they refund the additional cost though). And you should reconnect WIFI every day. Hotel personnel was very kind and tried to help. Hotel provided shuttle bus service to park entrance every 30 minutes. But at the second night, we waited for the shuttle bus more than 40 minutes (We arrived at park entrance around 7:40 PM, a hotel personnel said bus would take us hotel at around 8:00 PM, but bus arrived at 8:20 PM. When I made a complaint about quality of croissant and other things, general manager was showed up, and listened what I said, and apologized for my inconvenience, and provided complimentary Airport shuttle service.

Room Tip: Without additional cost, fall view room. However, Hotel's Pro is not the view from the room, but...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
CataratasManagement, Rooms Division Manager at Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Belmond Hotel das Cataratas.

We were disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your last visits and with the issues you experienced. Please rest assured we took your comments on board for training and improvements purpose.

If you would like to share more information about your recent stay, please do contact me directly on juliana.lacerda@belmond.com.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back, at which time we will make every effort to ensure you have a perfect visit.

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,078)

Reviewed 30 August 2015

Waking up to the view and the sound of the waterfalls is what makes this hotel unique. Like other reviewers has described, you can access the falls when it is quiet. We got up early, walked down to the falls and there was nobody there but us (my mother and I). The pool was heated. Wonderful breakfast. Very attentive staffs. Everybody speaks English.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room with the falls view. There are rooms in Garden and Forest wings where yo...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
CataratasManagement, Rooms Division Manager at Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas.

It delights me to read about your experience with us, especially the service your received from all our team. All feedback is greatly appreciated so I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the team.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Rooms Divison Manager

Reviewed 29 August 2015

Living up to the Belmont fame, this hotel is in their unique collection. Located right near the Igazu falls, it offers unparalleled views of the falls. What more you ask? You can access the park outside of the public hours since you are living inside the park. You can wander on your own or opt for the guided walking tours at 8 AM or moonlight tour to get some really cool pictures without hordes of crowds.

The amenities are awesome, the swim up pool is really cool & food is great. At night, you can opt for live music at the bar restaurant with some stupendous caipirinhas.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Sona_G81

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to host you on your recent visit to Cataratas.
We would like to thank you for the feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you very much for your gracious comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

By being so close to the waterfalls it allows you to go see them even before the parks open, that way you can avoid the crowd of people gets there after 8.30 a.m.

Close to the airport is the hotel where everybody would like to stay at and is furnished with everything you may need.

Suggestion: go see the sunrise from their tower, the view is beautiful.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review on the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas.

We are very pleased to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

A beautiful majestic hotel right next to falls. Grand entrance. The cleanest property I have ever been in, just immaculate, plenty of friendly helpful staff who speak English.had an evening by pool cocktail bar and one in piano bar, excellent cocktails and prices reasonable.buffet breakfast, too much to choose from, even champagne if you wanted.ala carte dinner beautiful, and buffet dinner beautiful, great variety of foods and exceptional service, we had a late departure, staff were accomodating to let us have a late check out, beauty spa excellent and prices reasonable.transport back to national park visitors centre free,and runs frequently. Highly recommend, can not say enough about this hotel

Room Tip: Back room looks over jungle, front rooms you can see falls
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and other TA readers.
Our main aim at the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas is to deliver the highest level of service and attention to our guests. Feedback such as yours make us feel we are on the right track to achieve that goal.
Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,