“A great place to stay”

Hotel Rafain Centro
Ranked #24 of 79 Hotels in Foz do Iguacu
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed in nearly 40 hotels on a recent 12 week trip to South America and the USA. This was the best place we stayed. The spa bath was great and the breakfast was excellent. The only negative was an extra charge for the internet.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank glenjc
There are newer reviews for Hotel Rafain Centro

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Good place, near everything, clean, well trained staff.

Room Tip: ask not to be near the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I read in our Only Planet tour book that this hotel was "TOP NOTCH"...in my dreams maybe! I guess you get what you pay for. I paid $65 USD a night...and that got me a pretty filthy, lumpy bed, ant infested, dirty blanket, bedroom. The door to our room didn't lock properly, so we had to change rooms until they could find one that was sufficient. Also, we had wanted to use the in-room safe---which I found out you have to pay extra for (and have to get the key from the front desk people). They also charge for internet. All that being said, I guess this hotel served it's purpose---being that I was just in town to see the Iguazzu Falls, and at least I had somewhere to lay my head at night. I would probably not stay here again, nor would I recommend this hotel to others. I would look elsewhere for a cleaner, budget hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I found ALL previous reviews accurate, Thank you Trip Advisor.
Do NOT wander the neighborhood after dinnertime, very dangerous. Very noisy on Weds nites only, they have a B'Que w/live music at the pool until 10pm- very quiet after then. Go use the internet room until 10pm, as it is on the street side and not many cars come thru at nite. Great breakfast, yummy desserts. Most of the front desk staff speak poor English, but are helpful. Need cash? Walk out the front door, cross the street(south) and go east 4 blocks(downhill). You will find a HSBC bank. You ATM card will open the door-Best exchange rate in the country. You pass lots of Itaipu Banks in Brazil-none take American bank cards.

Room Tip: All rooms the same.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Doc1950
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I spent 2 night in Rafain Centro in December 2010 with my partner. The hotel is well located, 2 "quadras" (200 meters) from the bus stop going to Cataracts, Ciudad del Este and Puerto d Iguazu. They are many good eateries around. There is a swimming pool, but with very loud music and screaming children. The hotel is old and basic. The room was very small and basic. The bed was really small, maybe 1,30 m wide, with a mattress profonding in the middle and a very noisy air conditioning. The buffet breakfast was very good.
I pay 100 USD for the room, I estimate the price should be around 30-40 Usd.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
#18 of 79 in Foz do Iguacu
Golden Park Internacional Foz
Golden Park Internacional Foz
#28 of 79 in Foz do Iguacu

Been to Hotel Rafain Centro? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Rafain Centro

Address: Rua Marechal Deodoro da Fonseca 984, Foz do Iguacu, State of Parana 85851-030, Brazil
Region: Brazil > State of Parana > Foz do Iguacu
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#21 Business Hotel in Foz do Iguacu
#26 Family Hotel in Foz do Iguacu
Price Range: $79 - $219 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Rafain Centro 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Rafain Centro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rafain Centro Hotel Foz Do Iguacu