1,903 results
All reviews municipal park third floor the upper floors great view of the park top floor negative points central location seen better days rooftop pool recommend this hotel comfortable rooms hotel restaurant excellent location shopping mall city minibar belo
Reviewed 27 September 2018

My wife Salime and I have been visiting her family in Atalea, eight hours from Belo Horizonte, for the past twelve years. I told Salime after my first stay at the Othon Palace, that I wouldn't stay in Brazil for the full five weeks each year, unless we stayed at the Palace for four days on the way into Brazil, and four days on the way out of Brazil. We have gotten to know Rui, Vanilde, head chef Manoel, in the breakfast restaurant on the third floor, manager Fernanda Amaral, also the restaurant hostess Sthefane. They are the nicest, warm, and acommidating people you will ever meet. If you go there make sure you also go to the 25th. floor restaurant and get Wagner for your waiter. He is incredibly helpful, and a pleasure to deal with. We always make our reservations with Fernanda, or Raisila ( who like most employees there speaks very good English ) they could not be nicer, or more helpful, in the reservation dept. The front desk people, Breno, Roman, and a young lady who's name I cannot recall, they are amazing people. Sergio is the lead bellhop/ messenger in the lobby. If you need anything, Sergio will get it done. He knew I liked crossword puzzles, so every morning he would copy them from the newspaper and slide them under our room door. This past time, August 8th, the General Manager Marcio Alves sent a tray of deserts to our room, while we were out, with a very nice card wishing us a nice return trip home to the U.S.A.. He and the hotel Director, Paulo Michel run the best operation of a hotel that I have ever seen. I always joke with the employees that I would rather pay to stay at the Palace, than stay at some other hotel for free. Seriously that is exactly how we feel. The hotel is a beautiful, well run, and surprisingly inexpensive. Do yourself a favor, if you are going to Belo Horizonte, make it a must do, to stay at the Othon Palace Hotel. It is in the center (Centro) of the city, directly across from a large beautiful park with boats and food. I Joseph R. Hanley look forward to my next five weeks in Brazil, beginning in July of 2019. Believe me I will be taking my own advice, and will be returning to the Palace. A double, deluxe suite was approximately $65.00 to $70.00 a night, and that includes breakfast each morning. Believe me, we are just customers who fell in love with the hotyel and the people who work there.

Room Tip: We like the front of the building, the views of the city are amazing, especially at night when the city is lit up.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2018

The hotel is very well located, close to a shopping mall (3 blocks) and commercial area. The hotel staff was great. Always ready to support you. Good breakfast and hotel restaurant with good food. Perhaps, the hotel needs to do some maintenance, as it started to look a bit old.

Room Tip: Upper floors as it will be easier to get the elevator. If you are in the middle, sometimes you need to wait too much as usual, to get in.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
GERENCIABHOP, Gerente geral at Belo Horizonte Othon Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear guest,

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Great service and the desk staff speaks English well. There is free breakfast included and it is quite a spread. Also a roof top pool, bar, restaurant with great night time views of the city. Rooms need to be updated and are showing their wear and tear. That is the only reason why I did not give this 5 out of 5.

Stayed: July 2018
GERENCIABHOP, Gerente geral at Belo Horizonte Othon Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Reviewed 26 May 2018

We've been going to Belo Horizonte to visit friends for a number of years. The Othon Palace was our first and is still our favorite hotel in Belo. It shows some wear, but it has the amenities we need and like.
It has the best breakfast of any of the hotels we've used, and it's rooftop restaurant is very good. We've stayed at newer hotels and more upscale hotels, but there is a charm at the Palace that is hard to beat. We've seen the same employees for years, and, in fact, we've found two who have been there nearly 40 years, when the hotel opened. It's on the main street with an unparalleled view of the big city park across the street and of the city. The higher up the better! Farther out from downtown there are many other hotels and some are very nice, but for the price, convenience, and employees, we love the Palace

Room Tip: Higher floors give better views, an upgrade room is quite large with couch and chairs.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GERENCIABHOP, Gerente geral at Belo Horizonte Othon Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear,

With great pleasure we recorded your stay at the Belo Horizonte Othon Palace, at which time to you were able to enjoy and evaluate the quality of our services. We hope in a near future, have the opportunity to host you again at one of our hotels.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Great stay .. good breakfast pool and bar on the top floor.. was able to get a late check out at no extra charge. The maid remembered i like late cleaning of the room and fresh ice.. I had it everyday with out asking. Keep in mind the room and decor is outdated but clean.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
GERENCIABHOP, Gerente geral at Belo Horizonte Othon Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018