“Blu Bobber and Chicken & Waffles”

Fox River Brewing Co
Ranked #22 of 391 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2018

When you are tired of eating at a food court, the Fox River Brewing Restaurant is the place to go to in the Fox River Mall. Open at 11 a.m. at the main west entrance near the Scheels super-sport store, you can stop at the restaurant before, during or after your shopping spree in the big mall.

Tables are movable accommodate couples, quads or larger family groups. Tables are also covered with craft paper and a jar of crayons is readily at hand to keep the youngsters and oldsters busy while they wait for their meal. That’s usually not very long since the restaurant is well staffed and the open kitchen organized for speed.

The restaurant is along a window wall facing the parking lot and around and under a working brewery. This is lunch/pub food at a higher quality than usual: soups and salads, burgers and tacos (the Salmon Tacos are yum), sandwiches, pizza, flatbreads and some chef favorites.

Since you ARE eating in a brewery fresh tap beer is also an option. Fox River Brewing is constantly changing its recipes though you can usually count on a solid Scottish or American Ale, IPA and Stout. The best selling beer at the restaurant is the Blu Bobber Blueberry Ale. To my taste, blueberries belong in pies not with hops and grains, but other beer drinkers obviously out vote me.

For our spring visit, we ordered Amber Ale and an IPA. I was going to go for the Santé Fe Salad, a favorite of mine, but saw the Chicken and Waffle special. I had put in some miles circling the mall already and had miles to go before I slept, so I splurged. The plate that came out was huge, four crispy tenderloin chickens and four large fresh-baked Belgian waffles. Maple syrup over the mounds and I was in indulgence heaven. I have a good appetite, but had to box up half the portion for a later meal. And, yes, it does keep as a leftover.

Sometimes you need the speed and convenience of a food court, but when you don’t, a sit down restaurant like the Fox River Brewing Company is a special treat.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I had the salmon tacos which were good. Service was good. Nothing special about the place but a good/average meal.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Had a delicious mushroom and caramelized flatbread pizza here Thursday night. I had a Coppola Shiraz with that, it was sublime! I would have liked to have a beer, but the majority of the selection were ales. I prefer wheat, pilsner, or a kolsch beer, but there were none. Would have preferred a wider selection of beers, but this did not detract from the overall positive experience.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The staff did a great job taking care of us. Food came fast and full of flavor . For weekend great service. When you are in the mall need a bite to eat come here.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Decided to stop in after a little shopping. Thinking it would be a good, quick stop. We waited for awhile at our table for our waitress, she arrived and took our drink order. Returned set our drinks down and walked away. She returned a bit later and took our order. Our food took some time to get out and a table who’s order was larger and taken after ours by our waitress came out first. Shortly after our salads arrived. The salads were very flavorful and crisp. Our waitress returned only once and we had to ask her for refills. We waited some time for our check. Unfortunately, our waitresses subpar attitude left us in a bit of a disappointed mood.

I wish I could rate this a bit higher as the food was wonderful, however the waitress attitude dropped it down.

Been to Fox River Brewing Co? Share your experiences!