“Best. Restaurant. Ever.”

Ranked #1 of 399 Restaurants in Appleton
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

This has very quickly become our favorite restaurant for a date night out. Always seated right away with a reservation, exceptional and attentive service every time, and the best food in Appleton in my opinion. Have not had a meal short of amazing yet. Looking forward to future dinners at Apollon!

1  Thank Sara H

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We are locals and stopped in for dinner before a show at the PAC. I looked at the menu ahead of time and thought for sure that it was just going to be a salad and no cheese night (insert eye roll). I asked if the the vague menu item of, "Vegetarian Option" could be veganized and was happy to hear an excited, "yes." Not only was my meal absolutely delicious, but our server had also went out of his way to bring me a different soup and salad than my husband's. It just made the experience so enjoyable and stress free. We had always talked about going to Apollon and I'm honestly not sure why it never worked out...but this has for sure become a new favorite.

1  Thank CassieJM
Reviewed 3 February 2018

This place is absolutely wonderful for a date night. We arrived at 7pm on a Saturday night but because we didn't have a reservation they could not seat us until 8pm. Definitely call to make a reservation! Unfortunately, this place does not have a bar so we went to a sports bar across the street while we waited. When our table was ready the host called us which was very nice. Once seated we were treated to excellent customer service. Our waiter had great suggestions and was very attentive. I had the Chicken Roulade Espanáki and it was delicious. There were so many other items I wanted to try so I can't wait to go back. Cozy and intimate atmosphere, would highly recommend.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank AlwaysOnTheGoGo_1206
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

The service was flawless and everyone at the table completely enjoyed our dinners. The Mediterranean Grouper, Stuffed Grouper and the Mixed Grill were truly fabulous.

This establishment is not to be missed when traveling to Appleton or the area.

1  Thank Cathy4042013
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Apollon stands alone as a no excuses high end restaurant in the Fox Valley. Witness the venue...tablecloth, china, candlelight, attentive but not intrusive service, daily specials and fresh quality ingredients always. Popular for sure and rightly so. Weekend or PAC nights clearly require a reservation for any hope of a table. To expect otherwise is folly. Restaurants of this caliber in a major city like Chicago would require weeks advance notice for a weekend table. That a walk in would be accommodated on any terms in the setting of a full house at a peak weekend hour speaks to the care taken in welcoming all to the bounty of greek freshness. Every effort is made, always, to see to it that the customer is pleased. This is a rare commodity in the modern broken world and one that the now deceased founder, Stavros, God rest his soul, insisted upon and that the new (if 4 years can be thought of as novel) manager, Craig attends to without flaw.

Modesto is the maestro in the kitchen but has never set foot in the front of house role and why would he - his job is to execute the menu without exception from the kitchen which he does without fail.

Tonight was no exception. Snowy weekday and only one other table at 8:45 pm. Welcomed warmly and never hurried with a memorable meal relaxed until departure after routine close despite that for the last hour we were alone in the restaurant. Very, very special and unique in the fox valley.

At meals end, Craig shared that a long time patron and loved regular unknown to us had recently passed, with a wake this past Saturday, and dear family seated to mark the occasion where upon the family shared a bottle of 100+ year old Metaxa from the lost soul's bounty with the restaurant staff. That says it all. A poignant moment, a priceless gift and witness to the love from the knowing patron to the staff and house that has been rightly held dear for so long. Of course all seated are welcomed in this way and of course things so meaningful take time to execute. All who have had the reasonable patience to partake at Apollon are richly rewarded and welcomed to the fold. Beyond belief was that the family then instructed Craig to share whatever was left with others in the memory of the deceased without cost. Wow. Staggering. Tonight we were so blessed.

A gem of a restaurant far beyond the usual local fare and one to indulge in and celebrate.

I will never forget the founder Stavros dancing to the still played greek background music with the time honored Syrtaki dance spontaneously and coming to our table with joy in his heart embracing us and saying "America, what a wonderful country!". This was 5 years ago and with his picture and painting on the wall tonight I felt that he was with us still and will always be.

I lost my father this year and Apollon was always his special place. We toasted his life and memory with a meal there with his 88 year old widow, my mother and family and the current staff shortly after his passing as he would have wanted and as only they could do.

Restaurants such as this are increasingly rare and provide so much more than nutrition - this is the stuff of life.

Treat yourself and darken the door with joy in your heart and a desire to live life to its fullest. Never hurry. Life worth living is just that and always worth the wait. OPA!

1  Thank foodbro1