“Horrendous customer service ”
Review of Apollon

Apollon
Ranked #1 of 392 Restaurants in Appleton
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We will never will step foot in Apollon again. Modesto Santander, co-owner, was the host. We arrived at 6:40 with no reservation, expecting a wait. We were told 45 minutes tops and he emphasized it would most likely be shorter but wanted to estimate longer just in case. Understandable. Since there is NOWHERE to wait we were sent to a bar across the street, with him promising a phone call when our table was ready. After 45 minutes we had to call Apollon and was told an additional 15 minutes. 30 minutes later we receive a phone call “I should have a table ready, come on over” We walked in 1hour and 20 minutes after our initial visit. No greeting. No apology for the wait. And no table ready for us. He proceeds to tell us he is running a credit card and we have to wait until that table leaves for us to be seated. The table opened, the guests left and Modesto walked by us, called a group of men that were waiting by the door and proceeds to seat them before us right in front of our face. Needless to say we walked out of the restaurant after an hour and a half of waiting for a table that was supposed to take “under 45” minutes. We received no phone call from Modesto after we left although he had our phone number. Little did he know how his horrendous customer service impacted our night. This was our first night out since experiencing a heart wrenching loss in our family. It took so much strength to get ready and venture out of the house and this is how we got treated. Absolutely unacceptable. I will never recommend Apollon to anyone.

1  Thank Victoria A

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Great place to dine, food is amazing! The waiter was very knowledgeable, and the atmosphere of the restaurant is inviting.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Four of us had dinner here on a Friday night, for dinner before a music performance. The place was not too busy when we arrived around 5:30 PM. We had reservations. We were greeted warmly and escorted to our table. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly.

We ordered mixed drinks and wine before dinner, all of which were excellent.

One of us ordered the lamb chateaubriand, and reported it was delicious. Another ordered the shrimp santorini, which was also delicious.

All of the orders came with a small cup of a creamy egg and lemon soup, and a small house salad. I thought the soup was a bit too lemony. The salad was fine - the two housemade salad dressings were delicious.

I ordered the rib eye steak, medium. My order came with generous portions of vegetables - fresh broccoli cooked perfectly, and a green bean mix that was also delicious.

Unfortunately, my rib eye was cooked well-done instead of medium. But the steak still tasted good - it was just done more than I had asked.

Our overall experience at Apollon was 'very good'. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. Three of the four of us had orders that were cooked to their liking. Except for the over cooked ribeye, I was very happy with my dining experience.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Delicious food. Great service. Pleasant atmosphere. Wish my wife was with me during this business trip. Looks like a great place for a date.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

we've eaten here many times during living in Appleton 20 years. Most recently for a special family occasion last month. Really delicious mediterranean foods, lovely service and cozy, quaint atmosphere.