“Excellent Service * Most of the Food was Well Made”
Review of Apollon

Apollon
Ranked #1 of 392 Restaurants in Appleton
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Four of us had dinner here on a Friday night, for dinner before a music performance. The place was not too busy when we arrived around 5:30 PM. We had reservations. We were greeted warmly and escorted to our table. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly.

We ordered mixed drinks and wine before dinner, all of which were excellent.

One of us ordered the lamb chateaubriand, and reported it was delicious. Another ordered the shrimp santorini, which was also delicious.

All of the orders came with a small cup of a creamy egg and lemon soup, and a small house salad. I thought the soup was a bit too lemony. The salad was fine - the two housemade salad dressings were delicious.

I ordered the rib eye steak, medium. My order came with generous portions of vegetables - fresh broccoli cooked perfectly, and a green bean mix that was also delicious.

Unfortunately, my rib eye was cooked well-done instead of medium. But the steak still tasted good - it was just done more than I had asked.

Our overall experience at Apollon was 'very good'. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. Three of the four of us had orders that were cooked to their liking. Except for the over cooked ribeye, I was very happy with my dining experience.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Delicious food. Great service. Pleasant atmosphere. Wish my wife was with me during this business trip. Looks like a great place for a date.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

we've eaten here many times during living in Appleton 20 years. Most recently for a special family occasion last month. Really delicious mediterranean foods, lovely service and cozy, quaint atmosphere.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

This was a first time dining experience and it did not disappoint! Our party included five and everyone was pleased with their entrees. They included lamb; seafood; chicken (two different ways) and everyone raved about the taste. Starting off the meal with a traditional Greek lemon soup set the pace. Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Any restaurant that brings the birthday persons dessert treat initially is the setting for a great experience.
He said life is short start with your birthday dessert.
Take time at this restaurant.
You can not be rushed or you will miss the flavors of the food.
The Mediterranean grouper was OK. It could have had more flavor for the price.
The specials of the evening were much better in flavor and creativity was elevated for the specials.
Very relaxed dining experience and the server was utmost pleasant and personable.
The flaming cheese was interesting and was quite hair raising when they lit it on fire. Have them show you the trick on how to eat it though.
Just about the high end of prices for entrees that we would spend but a nice dining experience for a very special birthday celebration.