“Just ok”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Rustic, authentic Italian cuisine. 17th Annual Golden Fork Award winners in 9 categories!
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The food is just ok, not bad but not great. The service was a little slow, considering it wasn't really busy. It's a beautifully decorated restaurant, but it seems awkward to be there, like it's too quiet. It feels like you can't help hearing other conversations, and wishing you didn't feel the need to whisper, so others can't hear yours. Also, my daughter ordered an iced tea, when they offered a refill, she said yes. The bill indicated 2.50 twice! When I asked if it was a mistake, she said no, I asked if it was bottled or something, she said no, but it was brewed in house, and didn't offer to remove one. I told her she should have informed me, especially since it was for a child. That's the type of thing I just don't respect.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

The atmosphere at this place is nice, especially if you have a small (5-6 people) group. The way the tables and booths are situated you feel as if you have some privacy.

The food is pretty good. Bruschetta is great. I've tried veggie ravioli and shrimp fra diavalo during visits there. Skip the gelato....it's more like flavored ice.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Making a reservation was a little difficult during the day since their on line reservation service was down, but someone ultimately did call back to assist me. The restaurant has several small dining areas, which makes it more intimate and quiet than most. I like that concept. I also like the half round booth concept. The food was fairly good, and the service was very good. We went before a show at the Performing Art Center. The staff was very aware of our schedule and we were not at all rushed.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Our expierence was great. We started with the artichoke appetizer. It was served cool. Not my taste. Our server asked if we were enjoying it and I told him it was ok, just a bit cold. Then, we had their fresh bread and oil. Amazing. It was a blood orange olive oil and aged balsamic. My husband and I both order salads which were great and I had the featured ravioli, which was amazing. He had the lasagna and said it was good. Server was outstanding. He removed the appetizer off our bill without telling us. He just took care of everything from start to finish. Prices were a bit steep for Appleton, but the food was on another level. Our bill, with drinks was $65. I'd definately recommend it.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Meddritan iltalian not your usal itilan food it was ok but a little expensive only for a entree with nothing else