“Good for a getaway”
Review of Dom Pedro Laguna

Dom Pedro Laguna
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Aquiraz
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is great, and the staff is very helpful and nice. The restrooms are clean and the showers have good power.
This hotel's location is far away from the city, so if want to know the city or its restaurants and night clubs this isn't the hotel for you.
On the other hand, if you want to escape the city and the crowds and just rest in the pool and beach you will love this place. The beach and pool are great.
However, I have to add that the wifi at this hotel is terrible it only works at the lobby and the pool area. So if you are traveling but still have to work or attend your business think twice before booking here. Adding to that this hotel is not all inclusive (they only include the breakfast and dinner), and they charge quite a lot for the lunch. The beverages are also very expensive (the beverages are not included in the dinner, not even water). We had a nice stay and an awesome time in Ceará, you will enjoy it just make sure it's the best suit for you.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
EmanuelFreitas, Gerente geral at Dom Pedro Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for letting us have your mind, regarding Hotel facilities and service. We took due note of your remarks and we will work hard, in order to correct and improve, Dom Pedro Laguna resort

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We went to celebrate our 18 anniversary and lover´r day in Brazil (12 of july).
We had a nice surprise when we get to our room and find a nice decoration with flowers, a botlle of wine and grapes.
The dinner was delicius, there was a alive guitar player,playing and sing romantic music.
We had a wounderful time at Dom Pedro Laguna resort.
We will go back there for sure..My only sugestion is: Put some indication of the diretions since the main road.We had some difficulty trying to find the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dibitinha
EmanuelFreitas, Gerente geral at Dom Pedro Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read your comments here at TripAdvisor, regarding your recent stay at Dom Pedro Laguna. Thank you for your patronage!
We will work on these points you refer to, in order to adjust and improve our standards.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again, at the Dom Pedro Laguna.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

At first all looks nice but when you go for details ...
We just checked in this afternoon staying from Sunday 25 to Wednesday 28 and I have to tell you that for the $$$ I paid I would like to have it reimbursed and I want to move to different hotel
Service Is a total disappointment and I feel a lack of security and I will explain :

Your "free"internet doesn't work in my room and many parts of the resort and I have business to conduct which I won't be able

As for security :the safe in the room was completely loose and not installed ...anyone can just put it under his arm and walkway ...I wanted to place my passports in safety and now I don't feel comfortable with it

Last but not least :a hotel that advertises itself as 5 stars (and for sure charges like it ) that doesn't have a manager on duty at 19:00 on a Sunday night is not a 5 star but more a cheap highway motel !

I expect repairs to my damages and unhappiness at this vacations !

I will also advise the travel agency I used to book your hotel

Ps your buffet is good and staff very accommodating

Thanks
Elie C.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank elie c
EmanuelFreitas, Gerente geral at Dom Pedro Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Guest,

After having read your review, please let me emphasize how sorry I am, for knowing that we haven't succeeded in our efforts to make you feel happy, during your stay with us.

About the internet, as the front office manager spoke with you during the sunday afternoon, we will try to get better signal in your room, during today. We have internet in some parts of the resort, as you inform.
The manager on duty (food an beverage manager), spoke with you sunday night.
About the safe, we changed the equipment prior to your arrival, and it wasn’t proper fixed.I can assure you that we will try our best to improve and fix this issues during today.

I´m at your disposal

Best regards

Reviewed 14 June 2017

It is a very restful place to stay. It is good for a short time and if you want to do nothing but lounge on the beach or play golf. There is nothing else to do at the hotel. The internet did not work properly so you are really isolated. The staff are very courteous and the bungalows are nice and clean. However the food is one of the weakest points. The variety is poor for what they state the hotel to be. It is not 5 star fare. One of the things which made me feel that it was not up to standard was the coffee at breakfast. First of all they do not serve it at the table you have to go and get it from a thermos flask. Again not what you expect from a 5 star resort. It should be served freshly at the table. After all, this is a Brazilian product in Brazil. At least this should have quality. If you ask for an expresso it is charged apart.
The upkeep of the facilities could be better. You can see that the roofing at the pool has water damage and needs to be redone as do the huts on the beach. All in all the best part of the hotel was the staff, they were spot on all the time.

Room Tip: A bungalow
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
EmanuelFreitas, Gerente geral at Dom Pedro Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for letting us have your opinion on our service and facilities. Guest comments are very important, as they allow us to make adjustements, according to our guests'needs and expectation.

Wishing you allow us to welcome you back,

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Service has been excellent, food buffett fresh & delicious and the rooms were nice & spacious. Big sun shades were at the beach which for me is very important! The empty beach is inviting to do long walks. Perfect hotel to relax! Next to the resort is a well kept 18-hole golf course with only few people playing. Also check out the modern SPA 5 minutes from the hotel (shuttle service).
Every morning they asked fun questions like: "Guess what the weight of this coconut is?" The winner with the closest guess won a small prize.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank MicaZH1
EmanuelFreitas, Gerente geral at Dom Pedro Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review for the stay of Dom Pedro Laguna Resort. We are very happy for reading your kind words and we hope that you had a very pleasant stay.

We would love to have the chance to welcome you back.

Kindest regards