All reviews pool bar star resort laguna state housekeeping brazil beach
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Large rooms, very clean, good food (considering that resorts usually do not have any personal touch). Staff very gentle and committed to rend a good service. The beach is beautiful, but the waves are too strong. The prices are not so fair, and you do not have any other option nearby, since the hotel is located in an isolated area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulioBC
EmanuelFreitas, Gerente geral at Dom Pedro Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Mr Julio
First of all, my team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit.
I was very happy to read that you found our efforts exceptional and we met your expectations.
I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
Kind regards,
Emanuel Freitas

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Lovely small resort to relax and spend great time with your family. Hotel is new and has excellent service, Golf Course, Kids Club, 2 restaurants, massage service, tennis courts. Hotel is located one hour from Fortaleza Airport in Aquiraz, close to the Beach Park
Beautiful beach with white sand and blue sea. We have basically the beach for us. Kilometers of beach for us. The hotel offers half board, breakfast, tea time and dinner. Dinner buffet is small but excellent quality.
A couple of things to improve:
- Information: Staff should be better informed about tourist attractions operation hours and costs
- Internet: Internet is free but it is terrible, basically it is impossible to use. Low and you get connected and disconnected often. No pay internet option

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the beach. If you get a room in the building, then choose the ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank damiancp
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We spent the May 1st holyday in the hotel in one of the water villas. The property is beautiful, with a nice pool and beach (but with waves). The hotel is very far from everything, (R$120 from the airport) but we just stayed there and enjoyed the good weather. The food is simple but nice. The only problem in the lunch, since the hotel is distant from everything you have to eat there and it is quite expensive (R$65 per adult for simple buffet). Anyway I would go back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Carlos F
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This last Carnival (2012) has been the second time my family and I have been to D. Pedro Laguna. it seems that the team is better trained and efficient but do not raise your expectations too high - sometimes it takes forever for a waiter to come get your drink order either at the bar or at the restaurant... my wife mentioned it would be worth the management setting sales targets for the team in order to motivate them reach more customers throughout the day (at least at the pool...). We were pretty happy with the upgrade we got ending up at a villa instead of an apartment. The infrastructure remains spotless and in excellent shape. I agree with the comments from "clara 50" on this hotel: You have no alternatives for shopping or anything else in this hotel unless you take a cab and go somewhere else and the prices for food and drink at the hotel are outrageous - the food buffet at the pool restaurant is too expensive for what it offers! Not at all worth it. If you are in a party of 4, it is worth paying R$150 for a buggy and go to any beach restaurant nearby with a much larger alternative of sea food and still pay less in the end! Another opportunity area is the grill/past buffet at the white restaurant which could never keep up with the number of clients - definetely not prepared for a full house. You have to wait up to 10 min in line to be served a simple plate of pasta!!!
On the other hand there is a good availability of fresh towels at the pool.
Beware of the cars and quad bikes cruising at the beach - especially if you have children! Drivers do not respect any speed limit and may be a hazard to your safety!
This is definetely the hotel to go if you are looking for isolation and have no problem with waiting long times to be served.

Room Tip: The villas are nice if you do not mind not seeing the beach - you'll have an artificial green lagoon as alternative.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Carlos23
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed last week with my husband at the D- Pedro Laguna for a short holiday. I am portuguese but I write my review in english in order to allow for tripadvisor readers to get acquaintance with this new resort near Fortaleza,
The Hotel is from a portuguese hotel chain and is really very nice. I had booked a sea view room but they uprgraded me to a laguna villa that is really nice, with 1 room and sitting area and a lovely varanda overlooking the lagoon.
The resort is 45 minutes taxi drive from the center of Fortaleza (if you want ti go in the afternoon you need a taxi and for 4 hours in Fotaleza you pay 200 reais!!!) and has a beach just in front where you can walk, 5km to the right and another 4km to the left to get to the nearest beach and see nobody around. A real retreat for those who look for rest and no diversion.
The employees are very nice, people from brasil northeast are very kind and humble people and that makes a pleasure to speak to them (I am portuguese so this is very easy...)
But the hotel has some downsides and needs improvement at different levels:
1º you have no options for meals outside the pool restaurant for lunch that is expensive and nothing special at all and the white restaurant buffet for dinner that becomes boring 3 days after
2º there is no place in the hotel where to buy a sun cream, a newspaper or a bottle of water outside the bar, but this is not an option!
3ª no cash dispenser in the hotel, so I needed to change money and the change rate was incredible: for 100 euros they gave me 180 reais, and for the same amount in an exchange bureau in Fortaleza I got 210 reais!
4º You are limited to the resort area, besides the beach and the pool there are nothing to do: of course you have the golf and a tennis court but nothing else. At 9 in rhe evening you see nobody in the lobby, you think you are the only guest that is awake!
In rwo words, a veru nice resort that needs improvement and that is to expensive for the price you pay!!

Room Tip: Villa room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family