See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

I arrived at this place during Oct-16, it was pretty late at evening so there were not too many available options.
The receptionist did not speak a word of English (which is pretty common in Brasil), but she didn't even try to be helpful and use a translation app as I suggested.
The room did not feel clean at all, the place is old, bottom line - I just wanted to sleep the night and walk out.
Unfortunately, my room was on the first floor, so I heard all the street noise until about 3 AM.
When I wanted to check out at morning, another receptionist claimed I didn't pay, as the previous one told me they were out of paper to print the receipt.
The only good thing I have to mention is the location, yet, as mentioned - at least from the first floor you hear everything.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Had the pleasure of spending my winter holidays at this delightful, boutique hotel.
In fact, the hotel is a period building beautifully restored by American entrepreneur Bryan Houck and his wife Cristiane Da Silva. They run this jewel of hotel like a true home - their staff too make you feel incredibly at 'home'.

I must return asap

Room Tip: If you want to be in the thick of Salvador get a room at the front.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank sun2011017
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I and various family have been visiting Village Novo over the past 8 years, and we can honestly say there is no down side to staying here. The staff is friendly, the location ideal, the food is great, and the price affordable and more than fair. It's a unique place that provides a perfect beach setting for experiencing Salvador.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Nice hotel at barra beach, excellent views from the restaurant and rooms above. It has and old feel to it, and good service. The breakfast is great in the morning and the juices are great. The location can´t be better.

Room Tip: The rooms with a view a dream
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2015

The hotel provides sufficient lodging for an experienced traveler. The hotel is poorly managed . We had prepaid directly to hotel since July, and we would have left and gone somewhere else had we not prepaid. Stayed for 8 days only got maid service 2 of those days and we had to ask for it then. We also had ask for toilet paper. The beach was overcrowded with locals from the nearby Favelas. But I didn't come for the beach, I came for the Afro-Brazilian culture, which is amazing! Had the good fortune of meeting great people including an anthropologist who agreed to be our tour guide for as many days as we wanted.Salvador is an amazing place to which I hope to someday return, but I will probably stay at the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple