See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 October 2015

The hotel provides sufficient lodging for an experienced traveler. The hotel is poorly managed . We had prepaid directly to hotel since July, and we would have left and gone somewhere else had we not prepaid. Stayed for 8 days only got maid service 2 of those days and we had to ask for it then. We also had ask for toilet paper. The beach was overcrowded with locals from the nearby Favelas. But I didn't come for the beach, I came for the Afro-Brazilian culture, which is amazing! Had the good fortune of meeting great people including an anthropologist who agreed to be our tour guide for as many days as we wanted.Salvador is an amazing place to which I hope to someday return, but I will probably stay at the Sheraton.

Room tip: Stay at another hotel.
Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

Super great Porto da Barra beach front room! I mean, open the sliding doors and you can literally spit on the beach. Newly renovated beach front with bars and restaurants and a strong tourist police presence makes it feel very safe and secure. The owners are great and very accommodating! Nice bed, hot water, cable, Internet, and they threw a great 4th of July party too! Highly recommend!

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MIApilot
Reviewed 28 February 2015 via mobile

This hotel is a s.... The small room for a Single Person are im the back of another Building and its dark smelly and ugly and Dirty - Save you Money - go next door - 20 reais more for a New renovated Hit hotel ...we left this Place after 1 Night ... Gracas a deus

Date of stay: February 2015
6  Thank hamrio
Reviewed 14 January 2015

Was a lil nervous when I booked this place but when we arrived we were upgraded to the penthouse suit from the deluxe room we booked which instanly put a smile on my face. Once I did the full walk through and noticed we had a rooftop terrace where we ate breakfast every morning and the casual sunset drink was amazing. The terrace also had a hammock which my partner and I slept in two nights.

The place has a real good feeling of family and acceptance. The hotel is family run with the wife being Brazilian and husband from U.S.A so if you don't know Portuguese you are at ease with English. And we met a lady there who spends most of her time in Salvador who is like the social mediator who is originally from Germany and knows almost all languages and if she doesn't I'm sure she will try (lady in the red hat).

The breakfast was good scrambled eggs, wieners, French toast, cheeses, cereals, fruit, potatoes, and plantains and amazing fresh fruit juice. I'm usually a pick eater especially when it comes to breakfast as I think it's the most important meal of the day.....but I was satisfied!!!!!

I really loved this place there are some areas that need a lil fixing up but other than that has some character and charm. Remember as long as the place is clean and welcoming then your set as you will only spend 6-8 hours or less in there any way as you will be out enjoying the FANTASTIC
Salvador.

I will definitely return to this hotel and book the penthouse suite and recommend to anyone going to Salvador.

Andre (Maurice) & Niño

Canadian & Brazilian/German

Room tip: For $10-20 more go with the penthouse suite you will love it!!!!!
Date of stay: January 2015
1  Thank Andre4ya
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Okay, it's a bit simple and definitely not comparable with the big beach resorts. But there a a lot of positive things: For enjoying the best beach of Salvador (sandy and not so windy) you only have to walk across the street that is meanwhile only used by pedestrians. The breakfast is good (incl. great fresh fruit juice) and the staff helpful. There's a bus station right around the corner from where you can easily get to the airport (up to 1,5 hrs) and downtwn Pelourinho (20 mins). The quality of the rooms seems to be very different. We stayed in 301 (perfect balcony and beachview, sometimes a bit noisy in the night). It's definitely a familiar pousada and not an anonymous shop-spoiled hotel bunker.

Room tip: Take a room with at least a window, better one with sea view (if you don't mind to hear the tides the whole day).
Date of stay: November 2014