1,502 results
All reviews sheraton chain breakfast buffet up to date the hotel staff business center fruit tapioca bahia brazil english pelourinho uber carnaval fi beaches carnival
Reviewed 2 January 2017

I stayed during the new year's vacation in this hotel..The staff, the food the ambient were excellent but the cleanliness of the hotel is something I never ever found in any hotel in the world.. The rooms are extremely dirty, the bed sheets are dirty, they don't clean the the rooms.. I took pictures of the dirty things I found first day I stayed in the room, same things stayed for all my stay.. I called the manager and she came with the cleaning supervisor and no action was done!! I found the Sheraton da Bahia the only dirty hotel I stayed in during all my trips in my life... I will never ever stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Need to choose a clean room :)
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jad M
SheratonDaBahia, Gerente geral at Wish Hotel da Bahia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

Dear Jad M,

First of all, we want to thank you for choosing Sheraton da Bahia Hotel for your stay one year ago.

It is always our best intention to assist our Guests’ needs at the time in the most demanding, professional and personalized way. Therefore, we would like to offer our sincerest apologies if we have not fully met your expectations on this particular occasion.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at Sheraton da Bahia Hotel with the assurance that you will experience our highest standards.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at this Hotel which is across from a large park but short way away from the beach and historic center.

You cannot walk anywhere from the hotel as the area nearby is not very safe. The salvation for this location is Uber, which are very cheap and very quick. An Uber to the barre beach area is something like $2 or $3.

The Hotel itself has been remodeled and the rooms are adequate. The bathroom is well laid out and bed's are fresh. The common areas are a bit worn and pool dated.

The staff here were just ok. SPG gold status gave us a higher room but not a welcome gift or other amenity. I would not pay for lounge access, as unstaffed and saw ants on some of the pastries.

We did not go
Inside the Golden Tulip but this area is much better and safer. It's a little far from the historic center but with Uber it's easy to reach . I would not recommend staying in the historic center as it's unsafe after dark.

As Starwood and Marriott are talking about enhancing the Sheraton brand, this is one that needs some work.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stanb211

Dear Stan B,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sheraton da Bahia Hotel Salvador with us.

As for Starwood standards the hotel is audited yearly by an independent auditing company appointed by Starwood and to date we fulfill all standards established and have scored fare above the company average.

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were taking an extended vacation in Bahia and started our trip here. Everything was pleasant and as expected with this brand. The exceptional portion was the breakfast, it was excellent. Perhaps the best offerings that we had our entire stay. I'd stay here again. It was not close to the beaches though, if that is a concern for others.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DamaliC
SheratonDaBahia, Gerente geral at Wish Hotel da Bahia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear DamaliC,

Thank you so much for staying at Sheraton da Bahia Hotel and writing your comments.

We are extremely pleased with your words and feedback regarding your experience here.

Our biggest motivation and main goal is receive comments like yours and realizing that we exceeded your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed two days in this hotel and it was like we have been in two completely different places, the first day it was a disaster, nobody to help you with the cases, long wait in checking with people waiting around uninterested, unfriendly checking and at dinner, even if empty we had to wait over 30 minutes per dish for basic dishes. The second day was completely different people much more helpful, polite, attentive and diligent. A couple of other things to improve. The swimming pool didn't not look clean enough, it has a tinge of green that should not happened in a hotel of the Sheraton category. Breakfast is very poor again for this hotel, we where in other 5 hotels in the tour and this was by far the worse. Only sweets and cakes are adequate in my opinion. Overall a Sheraton with standard much lower that you would expect for the brand

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank rickyspa1
SheratonDaBahia, Gerente geral at Wish Hotel da Bahia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Dear Ricardo B,

First of all, we want to thank you for choosing Sheraton da Bahia Hotel for your stay.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

While certainly the rate is low, you would still expect a minimum level of service and comfort from an SPG property.

Unfortunately this is not the case here. The club lounge is possibly the worst I have seen in any hotel and why the hotel even bother to offer is unclear when I can't see anyone wanting to use it. Offers a limited selection of what appears to be left over cakes and bread from breakfast and no tea/coffee facilities. Also it's unattended.

Gym is small but fit for purpose. The only downside is the attendant who lacks any customer service skills what so ever.

Decor through is in need of modernisation

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eoin w
SheratonDaBahia, Gerente de recepção at Wish Hotel da Bahia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Dear eoin w,