All reviews great recommendations common areas useful information guesthouse carnival pelourinho
Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

Location near Pelourinho is great. I felt safe the entire time. Staff (English, Portuguese, Spanish) were exceptionally friendly helping plan trips to Project Tamar and Morro de São Paulo. Wifi average. Breakfast good. Bathrooms average with good water pressure in the showers.

Date of stay: April 2015
Reviewed 19 March 2015 via mobile

Definitely the best Guesthouse/Hostel in Salvador! Why? Because of the lovely staff, they are just amazing. They'll give you the best tips to make your trip in Salvador and surroundings unique!!! They know the best places in town and the places to be in every single day. We went together to the Barra beach and had a great time. They also have air conditioning rooms which makes your nights comfortable, I slept every night perfect and I still miss my room. Eva makes the breakfast with love, fresh fruits and pancakes with dulce de leche und good coffee....just yummy! I loved to hang in the hammock at the nice terrace in the eve and watch the sky. Diego and staff will make your stay unforgettable!!! At the end we became friends and I'll come back for sure!! After 19 days it's hard to leave...but I have to learn to let go

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 17 February 2015 via mobile

Just left after 9 nights.
Diego the manager was great.
A bit expensive for what it is over the carnaval.
Great crew, not hot water, wifi worked well but only in the lobby, great breakfast. I just hope that for the price, the crew could arrange more activities ie: city tour/nightclubs but overall fun stay!

Date of stay: February 2015
Reviewed 19 October 2014

We really enjoyed staying at the Pousada Nega Maluca for a few nights. The place is very well located, in the best area of Salvador (Pelourinho) and the guys here are so friendly ! We met Diego who gave us a looot of information about the events and the good places to go. There are hamacs on the rooftop, a small bar and a kitchen. We really recommend this place !

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

For a private room with shared bathroom, 45 usd a night is too much. With the Dog and cat, the place has a stench. The place could be lit more. Its always dark and damp. Nice friendly staff, good location to the historic center, which is a walk down and up the hill but leave your valuables.

Date of stay: July 2014