Pousada Nega Maluca
USD 113
USD 106
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 123/night.

Villa Bahia(Salvador)
USD 95
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 114/night.

USD 84
USD 72
Pestana Hotel Group
  • Breakfast included
Bahia Othon Palace(Salvador)(Great Value!)
USD 71
USD 56
  • Breakfast included
Casa Inglesa Boutique Guest House(Salvador)(Great Value!)
USD 53
USD 32
  • Breakfast included
The Hostel Salvador(Salvador)(Great Value!)
USD 29
USD 26
  • Breakfast included
Pousada Casa Vila Bela(Salvador)(Great Value!)
USD 63
USD 51
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 57/night.

USD 108
A Casa das Portas Velhas(Salvador)(Great Value!)
USD 47
USD 46
  • Restaurant
Wish Hotel da Bahia by GJP(Salvador)(Great Value!)
USD 99
USD 77
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat recommendationscommon areasuseful informationguesthousecarnivalpelourinho
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I give this hostel points for: creating a great atmosphere. Helpful staff. Having air conditioning. Convenient location. Having amenities like a bar, communal kitchen and self-serve laundry. I was there during Carnaval (which of course means that people will be coming in at all hours drunk, and that rates were extremely high). It was easy to go out with people and feel safe.

I wish there was more space in the dorms, lockers for luggage (I didn't lose anything though), and light in the bathroom. Mattresses were crappy, but then again I didn't find mattresses in Brazil that I found comfortable (including at homes).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank FlySquirrel
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

This hostel is really special. The atmosphere is really great and very social. I felt very comfortable and at home immediately. The owner is a long time traveler who is very friendly and really understands the needs of a backpacker. The rooms are comfy and air conditioned and you get your own bed lamp and electric socket. The breakfast is awesome too! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank G D
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Great hostel. I was there during carnival and it was amazing. The staff and owner are the best. The whole hostel went out as one big group. The whole week week was run really well. Great location in the historic centre too. Recommended all year round.

Room Tip: hammocks on roof are a great cheap option during carnival
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2013

we have just arrived in Manaus from our vacation " Amazon Gero Tours on the road " we still remember the sweet moment we had in Salvador by Nega Maluca Guest House , our familiar suite which faces to the wonderful historic center.
when we read in a travel book the word Hostel I was afraid that the place would be good enough to a family , but it was my big mistake I have had in all hostels I have visited with my family special for Nega Maluca Hostel which combines with name Guest House as it is such nice
place , the breakfast made me very impressed ,to use the kitchen to make my children meals was just excellent.
To watch the tourists very cool people playing with my daughters they tought them English and learned Portuguese it was just amazing.
My son 25 years old in a very good relationship with all the guests my son got from the Nega Maluca people all the useful information for explorer the beautiful Pelourinho
we got from Diego and Gustavo the best information for the best tour in Salvador..
Nibal , Diego and Gustavo thank you very much for your golden Guest House Nega Maluca which made a big diference on our vacation.
Congratulation excellent Place , friendly and very professional people.
Price very accessible very good.
Gero ( Geraldo Neto M de souse )

diego Gustavo diegorutv

Room Tip: Try upstair rooms in the back but it is not a problem as Nega Maluca Guest house has a wonderful location
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank amazongerotours
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is a great hostel, with very helpful owners. There are dorm rooms and double (ensuite) rooms available, with lockers for valuables. The breakfast is better than some hotels I've stayed in - bread, ham, cheese,tomatos, fruit, coffee, natural juice, home-baking! There is FREE wifi and computers, nice common rooms and kitchen, and lots of friendly and funny signs around, showing that the owners really care about looking after their guests.
Location is perfect, 5 min walk to centre of Pelourinho (or stumble home after night of samba partying :)). Also 5 mins to Forte de Santo Antonio for capoeiristas!
If you're looking for somewhere to eat nearby, I highly recommend TOMBOLEIRO on Ladeira do Carmo (just down the hill from the hostel), where a delicious meal of meat, rice and beans is less than R$10

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends