Pousada Nega Maluca
USD 144
USD 120
USD 114
  • Breakfast included
Wish Hotel da Bahia by GJP(Salvador)(Great Value!)
USD 99
  • Breakfast included
Casa Inglesa Boutique Guest House(Salvador)(Great Value!)
USD 32
USD 89
USD 87
A Casa das Portas Velhas(Salvador)(Great Value!)
USD 47
USD 46
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cocoon(Salvador)(Great Value!)
USD 39
USD 38
  • Breakfast included
The Hostel Salvador(Salvador)(Great Value!)
USD 28
USD 26
  • Breakfast included
Bahia Othon Palace(Salvador)(Great Value!)
USD 72
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat recommendationscommon areasuseful informationguesthousecarnivalpelourinho
Reviewed 21 January 2013

we have just arrived in Manaus from our vacation " Amazon Gero Tours on the road " we still remember the sweet moment we had in Salvador by Nega Maluca Guest House , our familiar suite which faces to the wonderful historic center.
when we read in a travel book the word Hostel I was afraid that the place would be good enough to a family , but it was my big mistake I have had in all hostels I have visited with my family special for Nega Maluca Hostel which combines with name Guest House as it is such nice
place , the breakfast made me very impressed ,to use the kitchen to make my children meals was just excellent.
To watch the tourists very cool people playing with my daughters they tought them English and learned Portuguese it was just amazing.
My son 25 years old in a very good relationship with all the guests my son got from the Nega Maluca people all the useful information for explorer the beautiful Pelourinho
we got from Diego and Gustavo the best information for the best tour in Salvador..
Nibal , Diego and Gustavo thank you very much for your golden Guest House Nega Maluca which made a big diference on our vacation.
Congratulation excellent Place , friendly and very professional people.
Price very accessible very good.
Gero ( Geraldo Neto M de souse )

diego Gustavo diegorutv

Room Tip: Try upstair rooms in the back but it is not a problem as Nega Maluca Guest house has a wonderful location
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank amazongerotours
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is a great hostel, with very helpful owners. There are dorm rooms and double (ensuite) rooms available, with lockers for valuables. The breakfast is better than some hotels I've stayed in - bread, ham, cheese,tomatos, fruit, coffee, natural juice, home-baking! There is FREE wifi and computers, nice common rooms and kitchen, and lots of friendly and funny signs around, showing that the owners really care about looking after their guests.
Location is perfect, 5 min walk to centre of Pelourinho (or stumble home after night of samba partying :)). Also 5 mins to Forte de Santo Antonio for capoeiristas!
If you're looking for somewhere to eat nearby, I highly recommend TOMBOLEIRO on Ladeira do Carmo (just down the hill from the hostel), where a delicious meal of meat, rice and beans is less than R$10

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mosullivan123
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The pousada is owned by backpacker and to be honest - it's clearly visible. If you expect cleanliness of Hilton or Intercontinentlal you probably will be dissapointed (book Hilton instead) but if you look for a place to spend a night, rest and meet fellow backpacker you probably couldn't find better place. The atmosphere of this place is excellent. Room and bathrooms - fine to me. Location - great, on the Pelo. But OBVIOUSLY as I've said before - it's POUSADA. BUDGET ACCOMODATION. Obviously it wouldn't be as clean as hospitals are, and it's even possible that you'll ocassionally spot a tiny bug there (I have not, though), but if you consider yourself as a traveller it souldn't be a problem for you. I'd definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Staff was helpful, breakfast was good, had a really nice atmosphere and I loved the animals in the hostel (but it did contribute to some of the grime). Thanks for a good stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed at the nega maluca for 4 nights and had an amazing experience. It was really clean and had a great communal area and balcony where a very decent breakfast was served. I can't emphasise enough how helpful the staff were. They gave us some many great recommendations and were so helpful in helping us get around Salvador! Great hostel would 100% recommend to anyone - the location is also great, just outside the pelorinho surrounding by cheap eats and easy access to the beach by bus!

• Stayed: March 2012