“Amazing Experience”

Ranked #11 of 52 Tours in Salvador
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Josuel is an amazing guide. Very knowledgeable of the culture and history of Salvador Bahia. Highly recommend

1  Thank Yinka O
"teacher"
"bahia"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Josuel was the perfect guide to experience Bahia's rich history and African heritage! My week-long group tour consisted of the perfect balance of city and beach. Josuel is so knowledgeable and such a true local that I felt I was tapped into real life in Salvador. His restaurant recommendations were on point and became the most memorable parts of my trip. Thank you!!

1  Thank sohotosoho
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Josuel was my guide on a week long group tour and did an amazing job of giving us a full experience of the Pelorihno neighborhood in Salavador! I had an amazing time and would definitely use him as a reference on a second trip to Salvador!

1  Thank Tinny F
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had the absolute best travel experience of my life via Olafemi Tours/Josuel! It was more than I could have imagined. Traveling across the world is a scary experience and I didn't know what to expect - but Josuel was exactly what I needed to feel comfortable. I never felt like a tourist, but like a friend that he was welcoming into his home of Bahia. He was incredibly knowledgeable, spoke amazing English, and had an incredibly warm personality. It also didn't hurt that everywhere we went he knew somebody - haha, he's probably the most popular man in all of Bahia! There was no point that I felt unsafe or unwelcomed. Beginning to end I was provided with context, history, and culture - there is nobody better to give a tour of Bahia. I feel like I walked away from one of the most beautiful places on earth with not only incredible memories, but also an amazing friend. I am truly grateful to Josuel of Olafemi Tours for that magical experience, and I cannot recommend him highly enough!

1  Thank Danielle G
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I couldn't have asked for a better tour guide than Josuel! He provided such an authentic experience from beginning to end, which offered an amazing opportunity to connect with locals and embrace the culture of Bahia. Not to mention the fact that he seemed to know everyone! The love he received everywhere we went spoke to the awesome person he is. I felt safe and comfortable throughout my entire week in Bahia. Josuel also made it a point to provide historical context to all the places we visited, which was so important to my experience. Most importantly, he knows the BEST places to eat! :)

1  Thank ShaquannaT_NYC