“Knowledgeable and Thoughful Guide”
Review of Olafemi Tours

Olafemi Tours
Ranked #11 of 56 Tours in Salvador
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Josuel was my guide on a week long group tour and did an amazing job of giving us a full experience of the Pelorihno neighborhood in Salavador! I had an amazing time and would definitely use him as a reference on a second trip to Salvador!

Date of experience: March 2018
in 8 reviews
"company"
"context"

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had the absolute best travel experience of my life via Olafemi Tours/Josuel! It was more than I could have imagined. Traveling across the world is a scary experience and I didn't know what to expect - but Josuel was exactly what I needed to feel comfortable. I never felt like a tourist, but like a friend that he was welcoming into his home of Bahia. He was incredibly knowledgeable, spoke amazing English, and had an incredibly warm personality. It also didn't hurt that everywhere we went he knew somebody - haha, he's probably the most popular man in all of Bahia! There was no point that I felt unsafe or unwelcomed. Beginning to end I was provided with context, history, and culture - there is nobody better to give a tour of Bahia. I feel like I walked away from one of the most beautiful places on earth with not only incredible memories, but also an amazing friend. I am truly grateful to Josuel of Olafemi Tours for that magical experience, and I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Danielle G
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I couldn't have asked for a better tour guide than Josuel! He provided such an authentic experience from beginning to end, which offered an amazing opportunity to connect with locals and embrace the culture of Bahia. Not to mention the fact that he seemed to know everyone! The love he received everywhere we went spoke to the awesome person he is. I felt safe and comfortable throughout my entire week in Bahia. Josuel also made it a point to provide historical context to all the places we visited, which was so important to my experience. Most importantly, he knows the BEST places to eat! :)

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank ShaquannaT_NYC
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Josuel Queiroz,is the best tour guide; he is warm, welcoming and very friendly. His knowledge and passion for his culture and history was exhibited with every bit of information he shared. When I first stepped out of the van I was greeted with a hug and a warm welcome. I felt right and home as if I were visited family. Joseul even suggested other cultural activities that were an added bonus to the experience. The food, music,cultural experience and conncectios that were made with the local Brazilian people as well as Josuel was heart warming. I would totally recommend Josuel Of Olafemi Tours to anyone wanting to experience Bahi,Salvador.

Rhonda Janell