“Extreme Eco Tours (Pablo Ramalho Guerriero) Three Day Pati Valley trek best experience in Brazil!”

Chapada Diamantina National Park
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We took our two children (8 & 10) on a three day trek through the Pati Valley and a one day tour of the Blue Hole and Mosquito Falls in the Park. Our guide and main point of contact was co-owner of Extreme Eco Tours (Pablo), who picked us up in Salvador and took us back. He was extremely responsive (and his English is EXCELLENT) to all my questions and concerns about trekking in a remote area with kids (and my son has asthma) and I quickly realized he knows what he is doing and has contingency plans. What made the whole thing so wonderful was learning from him -- his knowledge of the area (he studied ecology) and passion for it is evident in all our interactions with him. Our guide for the three day trek, Rodrigo, was very patient (also knowledgeable -- he has a master's in geology and has written two books about the area) with us and very safety conscious -- he was always aware of where the kids were and what they were doing. The trek was challenging (5-6 hours a day of trekking with about 1200 feet elevation gain the first day and third day to get out of the Valley) but doable -- the trail is quite good. But is all about logistics (but they are important!) -- what we will of course remember and take away from this experience is that the Pati Valley is and incredibly special and beautiful place that very few people in the world get to experience. We were very moved by this experience -- I have been fortunate enough to get to see a lot of the world's wild places but this one really stands out. Such views and vistas -- it feels like the end of the world (in a good way). Go do it!

1  Thank mckumar
in 10 reviews
"salvador"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We heard about Chapada Diamanntina before we came to Brazil but then we met our unique and wonderful guide from Zen Tour. His name was Danny and he just turned the beautiful nature (that few places can bit) into a cultural and social conversation and experience that we will never forget. highly recommended and trust me - i'm in the business of academia and it is not so easy to please me when it comes to guiding/lectures etc!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This is an unbelievable park to go and visit. I wish I could of spent more time there. To many things to see and to little time. But the places I did go to where wonderful to say the least. Cachoeira do Mosquito near Lençóis, was great and well as Parque Municipal de Mucuge and of course the Famous Pai Inacio also near Lençóis.

1  Thank Marcos C
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Our guide was really knowledgeable which proved to be useful when our first night's accommodation was closed!
The final day was the longest but most beautiful day. All days involved being up at about 6-7am and walking most of the day so you need a reasonable level of fitness to appreciate it to its fullest.
This is by fam one of the best things I have done in Brazil and cannot recommend it highly enough.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Spent 5 days in the Park and could have spent many more. Parts of the trek are challenging and the heat in January made it more so, but a decent level of the fitness will enable people to get the most out of the experience. There is such variety in the landscape. I recommend staying in small villages/farms as the peacefulness in these areas is something that can't be gained in a city location. There are plenty of waterfalls throughout the park to refresh yourself along the way, although going at the time of year that I did, meant there was not as much water as a tourist might want - but it really didn't matter.

Really importantly, there are large parts of the Park where I had it to myself and my guide Acony. At the top of mountain peaks to have it to myself was magnificent - no getting around queues of others, no rushing photographs, just sit back, relax, and take in the views.

Credit to my guide Acony - he was absolutely remarkable in his knowledge and care of the area, and genuine interest in creating a great experience.

3  Thank Alan S