“Say NO for Zen Tour !! The worst experience, poor customer service..”

Chapada Diamantina National Park
Reviewed 5 December 2016

I purchased and payed for my tour on the last day of my holidays in Chapada Diamentina National Park. Organization name Zen Tour took a money from me and cancelled my trip without finding any alternative and solution. By the time when they told me i am going nonwhere becouse they don't have big enought car to fit all the tourists all the other agencies had no more avalable tours for that day. I had to pay a fortune to go on private with the guide with the different agencie. I deffernitely do not recommend ZenTour in Lencios.

2  Thank Inga B
in 10 reviews
"salvador"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We started the tour (3 days) from lençois and were very unhappy about it. Not all guides are good and if you are foreigner chances are that you get completley ripped off.. The prices are too high for what is offered on the tour (most guides want more than 100 dollars a day!), our guide was rude and there was not enough food. Make sure they go down with the price at least 100 reais (even though 250 reais is still too much but probably the cheapest you can get). Also we didnt walk much and since we went in august, the weather was pretty bad and we couldnt go to many of the promised places, altough of course they didnt tell us that before (we did the trilha in vale do paty). In my opinion it wasnt worth it at all, actually one of the biggest fail during our brazil trip. If you are on a budget, its safe to say you can skip Chapada Diamantina, since there are much nicer places with better guides and less ripoff.

6  Thank Corina_P123
Reviewed 8 March 2016

We spent 7 days here, we are only sorry that we couldn't stay more !!! The waterfalls, Lencois and the laid back hippy atmosphere, the food, the culture, the views and tours... Everything that you can imagine is in this National Park !! The only problem that we had was with the atms machines. they didn't always work and a lots of places didn't have credit card machines so it is very important that before you sit in a restaurant or book a tour, you check if they accept credit card. We arrived from Salvador by plane, it was a pity that we didn't take the night bus like we did on our last day because it is so comfortable !!! We booked our tours with Zen tur, we asked for English speaking guides and we where very happy and satisfied. Daniel is an amazing guide, he provided us with all the info of the tours that we had and he speaks more then 10 languages ! If you can do the The Petty Valley tour, we didn't make it as our hotel was already booked.The food is not that expansive and you will find everything you need like supermarkets, tours and shops to buy survivors. I left my heart in this place, will defiantly go back again :)

4  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 1 January 2016

Incredible experience! Eric C. is correct when he says in his review that the park is hard to get to, especially if you are a foreigner. We stayed in Salvador for a couple of days when we first arrived in Brazil (and then again when we were leaving) and we hired a guide each time, which made all the logistics a lot easier for us. At the recommendation of friends, we had already hired someone to guide us through the park as well, Pablo Guerreiro, (or Guerrieiro), a very professional young man, who spoke very good English, knew the region extremely well (and had a degree in Ecology, so he could answer all of my annoying questions!). Pablo designed our trip according to our specifications, and I must say he really did a masterful job. We had a great trip and a terrific time! I had thought nothing would ever compare to our trip to the Grand Canyon, but I was wrong! The park has hundreds of gorgeous waterfalls, caves, great trails, beautiful pools, rock climbing, rappelling, hiking, swimming, fun little hotels and B&Bs, terrific places where to eat, great food...
If you are considering going to Chapada Diamantina, don't think twice. It is truly an amazingly beautiful place.

12  Thank JPace62