3,345 results
All reviews the river tennis courts colonial style amazon forest bidet tours monkeys
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

At a first glance the hotel seems great until you see that it is dirty and out dated. Our room was great because we upgraded but the restaurant called the grill doesn’t exist, the whole place
Is a maze. The hotel took 2 hours to check us in, they need more staff massively.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I usually am forgiving and 1 star is a very very hard judgement. We came here for 1 night as a lay over. Last week we stayed at Villa Amazonia - see my outstanding review there.
If your hotel has eco in the name - please be eco. Everything is plastic, even shampoo is in plastic 1-way bottles. Normal non-eco hotels have reusable bottles installed in the shower. No problem. BUT, the main hotels lobby's windows are COVERED in cob webs, nobody speaks a lot of English, the rooms are really badly furnished and feel faceless. The restaurant does not have ANY wines and one restaurant which is supposed to be a grill, does not even exist. The staff does not know about it, yet it appears in signs within the building.
The TV (who wants to watch TV on vacation?) Has a lot of channels but the reception is bad and the channels repeat themselves randomly.
The whole hotels is not taken care of at all. A lot of things are broken and you can see, the owner has no interest in keeping this place in shape.
It is, sincerely, a slap in the face for tourists who would expect a real eco hotel or lodge. These are a plenty in the Amazon and usually very nice, but please please don't go here if you want to have something with character.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TheSourdough
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Had originally booked for 5 nights, when we arrived we had to change rooms twice.The first one was very dirty and smelt awful. The second one was slighly better but in poor state of repair. The third one was a little better but had a crack in the wash basin and only 3 hangers. Hence we only stayed one night. It really needs a good makeover and some TLC in the gardens.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony_CN8898AG
Reviewed 9 August 2018

My agency booked me this hotel. It is not for the 'traveller, the responsible one.' It's more for families.

The staff-friendly but they don't give you any info on check out times or breakfast when you check-in. If they told you this they would be great.

Facilities- Why have a nightclub and a zoo but you do not have anywhere to refill your water? You do not have any computers either which is less of a problem. So, it is an ecoresort but I am forced to buy plastic bottles of water because there isn't a tap to refill water? The man at the bar gave me water from the tap there but when i asked if it's ok to drink, both he and the receptionist were very sceptical and advised not too.

A zoo? I am not sure about the story behind that but I really did not like it, eco friendly?

Also be aware there are near 1000 rooms, when i was there the lift was not working! In that humidity it is not fun.

The restaurant is also really expensive, 10 euros for a small sandwich!

Finally, I got a wake up call at 7am which I did not ask for!

Anyway, if money is not a problem, or you are a family with young children or teens it would be suitable, if not, look elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank mattais892018
Reviewed 2 August 2018

I used to see a lot of advertising about Tropical Hotel Manaus when flying VARIG. So I had the opportunity to satisfy my childhood dream of coming to Amazon and staying in this hotel. What a disappointment. This is an enormous, old and somewhat dirty hotel. Breakfast is so-so, with fresh cooked "tapioca" and regular food. Nothing special for the price that they charge. I had to kill a flying cockroach in my room at the very first night. OK, you are in the middle of Amazon, but they at least could have removed the dead insect from my room. They did not. I stayed in a room located at the very end of long hallways, it was at least 8 minutes walk from my room to the front desk. Unfortunately I do not recommend this hotel. Please look for another one.

Date of stay: July 2018