All reviews waters edge lake michigan door county every morning private balcony nautical room other guests music room b and b orange juice host and hostess laid back great place to stay first floor fridge and microwave home away from home hear the waves crashing
Reviewed 19 July 2018

We spent a couple of nights in their Harley room which was fitting seen how we took our Harley. Kari was very personable and kind. We also enjoyed the other guest as we mingled on the deck and around a camp fire. It was a very fine experience.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Kari A, Owner at at the Waters Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review! Its always nice when our guests have a camp fire in our backyard, love the crashing of the waves when we are able to do it.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

I have stayed at many b and b's all over the world. This one has one of the best views from your deck I have seen. Lake Michigan is right below you. Owners were very nice. Rooms were spotless, which is always important. I was also impressed with how friendly all the other guests were. One night we had a big fire and one of the guests played his guitar. He was a very good musician. Would highly suggest staying here.

Stayed: July 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words! I love seeing reviews where our guests note how great the view is.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Our first B & B. We stayed in the Northwoods room with a private balcony. Met lovely guests in the evening and were treated with great coffee, fruit, muffins, and soufflés for breakfast. The owners super nice and friendly. We absolutely had a great experience!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

I'm glad you enjoyed your first experience at a bnb.... come on back!!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My husband and I stayed At the Waters Edge back in October 2016 for our 5 year wedding anniversary. We absolutely loved it. We didn't really get to meet Dave in our short time there but Kari was amazing. She is definitely an amazing cook. On the morning of her famous Caramel Apple Pancakes, she made a special adjustment to my dish since I do not care for caramel. My husband and I still talk about that trip. We long to come back and be by the lake again. We loved listening to the waves at night and the location was perfect. We have recommended our friends and family who talk about going to Door County to stay here. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite. It was perfect. Since we weren't staying for very long we didn't spend as much time at the B&B as we would have liked. We decided next time we will stay longer so we can enjoy sitting on the deck and enjoy the lake a little more. I would highly recommend staying here. You will not regret your decision.

Room Tip: The room little chilly since it was autumn and we were above the garage, but the fireplace in the room warmed you up nicely.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary S

Thank you so much for your review and choosing our bnb to celebrate your anniversary. We used to do the exact same thing here before we bought it!! Hope to see you again and maybe we can drag Dave out.... he is always working on something so I can chit chat with all our guests!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Had a great stay this past weekend. Stayed in the classical music room. King bed was extremely comfortable. Loved the sound of the waves coming in off Lake Michigan. The owners are very nice and attentive. Coffee available at 6:00 am every morning. Breakfast was nice and filling. Mini muffins,fruit,main dish with juice and water. Enjoyed watching the wildlife eating peanuts on the deck. Highly recommend this establishment for a romantic get-a-way.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your great review! There is nothing like listening to the waves crashing in and yes, I still feed all "my critters."