All reviews busy road japanese style bath japanese restaurant western breakfast great buddha minute walk onsite ocean temple tokyo
Reviewed 13 September 2014

I and my wife stayed one night at thos hotel.I can say this place is more or less fine.but designe of hotel is not so new and nothing so special. staying in here is not so cheap then my question is , you like the hotel that other guest thought it is something special hotel with high price or not.OK, their service is nothing wrong but also nothing so special.you can fell that the other guests , mainly Japanese rich family show attitude as if they are affordable to stay there, I hope you can understand what I want to say.will I stay again ths place in future?I do not think so.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A nice, clean hotel. The reception staff were extremely helpful and spoke very good English. We stayed in a traditional room which was interesting and fun, with extremely comfortable futon beds. We were not prepared for the unusual smell of the tatami mats and this was a little unpleasant. We did however realise we could open the window the next morning. There are not many nearby places to eat but we went to a good Mexican beach style restaurant next door to the hotel and had a nice relaxed meal.
It was a very long walk with luggage from the train station at Kamakura as the weather was very hot and sunny and took almost an hour. It turned out to be much further than it looked on Google maps. We had a lovely walk to the nearby shrines and the big Budda. Kamakura is a lovely town and well worth the visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Easily one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. I had a Japanese-style room, perfectly cleaned, and with a fair view of the ocean. The bathroom area was sparkling, and the shower and bath were excellent. The staff were extremely helpful and polite, and there was plenty of parking. The location is not central in Kamakura, but one can easily take the Oshima line to the main station or walk the 2.5km or so to get there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tripmangler
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We did a day trip from Tokyo and deliberatley stayed in a Japanese style room. The location is easy to find, by a busy road though. The facilities were pretty standard. We had very helpful reception staff who showed us through the room and were very flexible in helping out with our 6, 5 and 2 year old. The room was great and the kids had a ball. They found our stay there a highlight of our trip and I would defiantly go there again. The same staff member made a point of saying goodbye to us the next day - above average service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed here a few days with a big group of people to celebrate a wedding, reception took place at the hotel as well. The hotel staff was not the friendliest, maybe they were overwhelmed but there one front desk lady that was snippety and a bit of a smart alec, really made for NOT feeling welcome at the hotel. However, the food servers were all excellent. The one MUST DO is to get a Japanese style room, they put out the tatami bedding for you each night and the sleep on those futons is simply awesome! The western style rooms were really dated and awful looking, like they were created in the 70 or 80s with an unsuccessful luxury look, gold trims everywhere, blue couches on red carpets, not good. Meanwhiel the Japanese rooms I am sure were equally dated but you couldn't tell. The hotel itself was pretty dead with not much to do and not a very close walk to town/to the train station. The village is a surf beach town but we went in April and it felt a little deserted by the beach. There were some really big landmarks close by (Temple/Great Buddha), but you'd have to take a taxi since not an easy walking distance. As far as food goes, our breakfast was included. They were pretty strict about breakfast times but otherwise it was pretty good. The only downside was that it was the same breakfast every day, except for maybe how you ordered your eggs or substitute bacon for sausage. You get to decide western style or japanese (washoku). We went for western since we had done Japanese style at another hotel and felt we'd had enough fish for breakfast. Aside from it getting boring, the yogurt was good and you got unlimited bread/pastries whish we loved. Food, lunch and our wedding event, was pretty darn good so I'd have to give them props there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family