All reviews great campground free waffle full hookups dog park pull thru easy access waffle breakfast level sites big rigs pull through sites camp store pull throughs food truck ice cream socials every morning most mornings motor home
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Nice sites with a decent swimming pool. Small playground for the kids. Little store. I have to say, very nice bathroom/ showers but couldn't get any warm water. Location was close to Richmond. The only problem we had was the interstate noise of semis driving by constantly. If you get a site further back I would think it would be better. I couldn't really say it was anything above average, though if I didn't wait so long and still not get warm shower water I would have said above average.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Fairviews
Reviewed 26 June 2016

We stayed at Americamps during the week. The office staff could have been friendlier but maybe they were having a bad day. The escort to our site was helpful and courteous and waiting for me when I walked out of the office. Pull thru sites are $10.00 a night extra! We stayed in site # 10, a back-in space. The interior roads are wide and so are the sites. If you have ever backed a 5th wheel into a site in less than 15 minutes you can easily back into these sites and the escort is there to help if you need him. The sites tend to be high in the front and slope toward the back.
Free waffles in the morning are a tasty plus with coffee, juice, fruit etc. Depending on where you are in the park you may get some overnight traffic noise. We turned on the sound machine just in case.
I did not use the bathhouse but my wife did while I was hooking up to leave. She said that the bathroom was dirty. There was a lot of hair in all of the shower stalls and dressing areas and built up dirt on all the baseboards and the posts in the stalls.
That is the reason for the four stall rating. Although it didn't affect us since we didn't use the bathhouse I think that you should know.

Room Tip: Spaces behind the office are very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Ray E
Reviewed 18 May 2016

This campground is conveniently located 14 miles north of downtown Richmond. It is also a good halfway stopping point between New York and Florida. It is clean, well-run, organized, efficient. The sites are quite small (squeeze your vehicle in there!) and they are right up on top of each other. Also, from many of the sites, you could throw a rock and hit a car on Interstate 95. The traffic noise is incessant. No pretty scenery and not much in the way of entertainment (small pool, little fitness room, dog park). This is a good, safe, practical, convenient place to park an RV, nothing more. Don't expect more and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try to select a site away from I95 and away from the pallet factory.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GordonsvilleGal
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Very friendly staff, nice pull throughs, easy access from I95. Low cost propane at campground. Waffles served in the morning. Several good restaurants nearby as well as a huge Cabella's and cigar store. Open all year, free WiFi. Close to highway but the noise did not bother us.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank 980pump
Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

Thankful we chose this RV Resort on our trip to New York. Located right off of I-95, this place is all it claims to be. We arrived late at night, but our same day reservations were conveniently accessible at the front office. The back-in site was fully equipped. The bathrooms, bath houses and grounds were extremely clean and the heated showers was a welcome amenity on a cold night. The included homemade waffles and OJ was a pleasant surprise. However, the inviting demeanor of the staff will be the thing that brings us back a second time if we are ever in the area again.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family