1,750 results
All reviews pentagon city club level attached mall turn down service nice mall fashion mall metro stop easy access dc area fitness center indoor pool hotel restaurant reagan airport convenient location king bed rc sonia
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As a long time member of the Marriott Rewards program I was disappointed in this hotel. On the positive side it is in a great location if you like the ability to shop or have business in the Pentagon City area. It's attached to the Pentagon City Mall. As another poster noted, there is parking available in the mall for much less than the valet parking charged by the hotel. $49 per night is excessive for parking when you can park for $18 or less per night in the mall.

My daughter and I arrived just before 4 p.m. which is check in time. I booked a double room which was ready. However I asked if there were other rooms available, even a suite to upgrade to at cost, and I was told there were none. I found this curious since I had just checked online before we entered the hotel for other rooms and they were shown as available.

Once I got to my room I was extremely disappointed, as it was right next to the bank of elevators which I could hear going up and down all night. Basically, they gave me one of the worst rooms in the house, when my Member Rewards profile states that I let prefer rooms away from the elevator. I had an event to get ready for quickly, so I didn't bother even trying to change rooms, especially since they just told me there were no other rooms available.

The room was clean but could use new paint in the bathroom as there's no vent in the bathroom and the constant condensation causes rust around all the door jambs and corners.

I also noted they had mite and dust covers on all of the pillows and mattress and boxspring, which are a plus.

Also unusual in my experience with a Ritz-Carlton property, there was no complimentary local car service or shuttle, which I have used at other Ritz locations, such as Bal Harbour in Florida.
There's no full length mirror in the room. I asked for a refrigerator and finally got one after the third request. I also asked for a second luggage rack and a microwave, twice, both of which, I never received.
Positively, the bellman were very friendly and accommodating.
Considering I almost booked at either the Residence Inn or Marriott which are only a block or two away from this, I would say if I was staying in this area again I would consider one of those properties or even another brand, which are not far.
Considering I prefer to use the Marriott brand all over the US, and in the past have stayed at various international locations JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton such as Dubai, Paris and Amsterdam, this one left me disappointed.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Director of Operations at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Lisa E,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take matters such as this very seriously. As a result, please allow us some time to look into this matter further.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first Ritz experience and I was of course blown away. I love the beds, it was some of the best sleep I have ever gotten. Good location for a business traveler. Very nice as is the Ritz standard.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ellen M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It appears we were successful in providing you with an exceptional stay. We are happy you had a great night’s sleep due to the comfortable bed and pillows. Thanks for being our guest, and we look forward to your next visit to The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We stayed here for one night (just the two of us), as my husband had meetings in the area. It had been some years since we had stayed here, but we often used to stay here as well as Tysons Corner.
My husband is lifetime Platinum Premier, and as such, although we booked a club level room, he is eligible for a suite upgrade. I checked online right before going to the property (less than an hour prior to our arrival), and suites were indeed available. We asked politely about a suite upgrade, but weren't even offered that as an option.
We used to enjoy the decor at the Ritz, but the new modern look reminds us a bit more of a Marriott.
Our room was fine for the two of us. Bathroom is small and the new white paint is very sterile looking. It served its purpose, but could use an exhaust fan. It filled with steam when showering, which is hard on the walls.
The lunch offering in the lounge upon arrival was not very appetizing. Salads were fine, but the only sandwiches were tuna salad and egg salad, and mostly bread. I thought I'd wait for afternoon tea, as there used to be small sandwiches as well as scones and berries during that time. We were surprised that the only offering during tea time is now potato chips. I guess they've cut tea out as a cost savings. Evening snacks were just okay; I don't eat a lot so was fine, but my husband went out to get a filet for a real dinner.
The next day, the offerings were much better for lunch! Turkey wrap and some salads that were nice and fresh.
I liked the old setup, where one could make a cocktail yourself. The wine is self serve, but I never saw sparkling wine out like it used to be all day. I could have asked, but the wine was fine.
The gentlemen working valet parking were very professional and efficient; kudos to them.
Sonia in the lounge was delightful to talk to .
The room was clean, no issues with housekeeping at all. It was in excellent shape, and we knew the size going in was small but fine for one night.
Would we return? I'm not sure. Being eligible for a suite upgrade, but not getting one even though there were more than one type available made it feel like Platinum Premier guests aren't really valued here that much. Matter of fact, ten years ago when we stayed here we had been upgraded to the presidential suite without even asking (and we weren't even part of the rewards program back then). We always stay club level, though, as it's nice to have somewhere to relax and read or work.
I feel like they really ought to make a better effort for guests that have stayed with the hotel company over the years. Our next stay is at Tysons Corner, where we can't wait to visit with Shima again (we've known her for well over 20 years).

Room Tip: Definitely book the club level, as the rooms are small. It's nice to have a lounge to enjoy.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlohafromMD
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear AlohafromMD,

Thank you for being loyal to our brand and for your glowing review. We seek to provide attentive service with luxury accommodations and amenities, and we are delighted we exceeded your expectations. We will surely share your compliments with Sonia. Please come back and see us at The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City any time your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

stayed for a night before going into dc. nice big rooms. no surprises. enormous tv. good bath accessories. not real luxury like some ritz but definitely nice. best deal in arlington area. right on top of confusing dc metro stop

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear mikegS2957PH,

Thank you for the nice review of The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City. We are glad to know you were pleased with the value we offer for the price and had a comfortable time with us. It was our pleasure accommodating you, and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Nice modern hotel rooms. Generous size. Cofortable bed. Large televisions. Great in-room coffee (free), mini bar and snacks. Great bathroom.
Location is convenient for those who want to be close to DCA Airport, Pentagon City, or Alexandria.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Brooksbot,

We are humbled by your high praise, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your review with fellow travelers. We are glad you enjoyed our fantastic location and that you had a pleasant time with us. It will be an honor to pass along your compliments to our Ladies and Gentlemen. Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.