All reviews bike path east falls church no elevator chasin tails minute walk continental breakfast free parking room was clean yogurt budget hotel dc area starbucks coffee nice neighborhood safe walk orange line small bathroom vending machine
Reviewed 16 August 2018

So we selected this hotel because of its price and its location next to a metro station. The hotel room was contemporary, very clean and well-appointed, the room was spacious with large flat screen tv, refrigerator, iron and ironing board, alarm clock and charging bays for electronic devices. The staff were very friendly. A continental breakfast is also served every morning, which considering the price of the room is very generous. Another upside is that there is a Metro station in the area. The only downside is - it is a bit of a walk (about a quarter mile). Not too bad as long as it isn't raining. The Metro gets you to and from the hotel and the airport and major spots in DC without a problem and very cheaply. There are also a number of good restaurants and convenience stores only minutes walking time from the hotel. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in the area and would definitely recommend this hotel to the budget-conscious traveler who wants a contemporary clean room. Thank you Econo Lodge Metro!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank roberthhunter
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay .It was wonderful to have you stay with us and are delighted that you found the location to your liking and enjoyed the convenience of transportation.Despite the fact we are in economy segment we do try to provide all the basics without cutting corners . As our goal is absolute satisfactions of our patrons. We're here waiting to welcome you back whenever your travel plans bring you back to the Arlington . Thank you for giving us your business. We truly appreciate it.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The Econolodge Metro is an older hotel, but very well kept. There are only three levels to this smaller hotel and the bottom level is basically a walk-out basement. We were on the top floor. The hotel and the area are both very quiet, even though it is on a busy street (west side of hotel). The Metro station is an easy ten minute walk away (to the east). There is a bike path to the station, but we walked on the street to the south of the path. The bike path was busy with bikes and the bikers probably don't want to dodge tourists. The homes between the hotel and the station are small, nice, and well-kept. I am a woman and traveled with my daughters, 16 and 11. I never felt unsafe in the hotel or the area. The hotel staff were all friendly and professional. The breakfast had good selection and was decent for a free breakfast. We stayed 5 nights and have zero complaints about any of it!

Room Tip: Try to avoid bottom level. This is where the breakfast room is, housekeeping, and laundry room.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank B R
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you for taking time and sharing your views ! It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you letting us know. You are correct we are small little hotel well tucked in a cozy neighborhood .Its a great location Just minutes away from Nations capital, either by car or metro . Metro stop is few minutes walk from us.You are correct its a three story building,however more than sixty percent of our rooms have access from the ground level and the rest need just one flight of steps. Thank you again for enjoying your stay and recommending us to others. We look forward to seeing you and your family back again soon on your next visit to Arlington !

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Didn’t leave hotel after arrival so I can’t speak for neighborhood but seemed good. Breakfast was better than expected; automatic pancake machine was cool. Will consider again. Clean. Online reservation system works well.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us and taking time in writing such a fantastic review. I have shared it with my team and we all are thrilled and grateful . As you noticed it`s a great location and convenient to all major attractions. Our goal is to provide affordable, clean, secure and comfortable lodging o our guests. Your review certainly supports it. I hope you will visit us again soon in near future..

Reviewed 4 August 2018

This our second time that we stayed at the Econolodge and was just as good as our first time there (See my review of March 2017). This visit, we traveled the nearby neighborhood and found some great restaurants along with a "Harris Teeter" grocery store. We found the neighborhood to be very nice with beautiful homes and the area well maintained. Seemed to be a very safe area (Unlike that of a previous poster stated). I cannot emphasize enough the quietness of the rooms. During our recent visit, the county was doing road repair at night not even 500 feet from the hotel. They were using a jackhammer digging up the bridge and we could barely hear the noise. We plan on going every year to visit my father's grave at Arlington and will definitely stay at the Econolodge again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary B

Thank you for being our repeat guest and taking time to write such a nice, wonderful and realistic review . I am so glad we exceeded your expectations. Our goal is to make sure, that we are keeping our words of affordable, clean, secure and comfortable lodging. Your comments vouch our commitment in this regard. Thank you again and certainly are looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

My husband, 2 teens and I stayed here 4 days while touring DC. The staff seemed friendly enough. The room was nice and the daily breakfast was good. It's actually pretty quiet for being near a busy road. It's less than a 10 minute walk to the subway station to get to DC. The last night there, I was awoken by water dripping on me. It started small and then expanded across the width if the room along a seam. I tried calling the desk clerk several times but got no one so my husband had to go upstairs to see the night clerk. After 10 minutes, a guy finally appears looking like he had been sleeping. When my husband told him what was happening, the shrugged and said that there were no other rooms and left it at that. I and my husband spent the rest of the night sleeping on the concrete floor of our room. The dripping ceiling was a hindrance but my biggest concern was that my husband uses a CPAP and if he had been sleeping on my side, he could have been electrocuted. When checking out, we notified the morning clerk who apologized and said she would speak to the manager to see what they could do. They ended up refunding us for that night. After all of this, the overall experience was good and we would stay again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank deenav
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you for your review and I apologize for the water dripping in your room that woke you up and messed up your sleep . We were unaware that this was an issue as a guest above tried to take shower with heels on and ended up punching a hole in the bath tub .We have never had any complaints like this before so I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. I am happy that the issue was resolved as per your satisfaction for the night in question and remainder of your stay was satisfactory . I am extremely grateful for being understanding as you indicated you will continue our patronage during next visits to Arlington.