3,192 results
All reviewsdouble treenorth towerrevolving restaurantskydome restaurantcrystal citywarm cookieslobby barpentagon mallwhole foodsself parkingbreakfast buffetfree shuttlewashington dcmetro stationshuttle servicereagan airportfitness center
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Hello! I just returned from a week long trip to find that my battery was dead. The valet at the Doubletree Hotel took excellent care of me. He used his own car to jump start mine and made sure that my daughter was safe and warm in the hotel while we got it jumped started. He went above and beyond my expectations while ensuring that we got home safe. Thank you so much for this service and for the great customer care the valet took. I would recommend this service. The shuttle, billing and everything related to the parking was great. Thanks again for making our home coming less stressful.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass on your comment to the Parking Director. While the valet service is run from an outside company, the employees work hard to offer the same high level service that we expect from hotel employees. It is so nice to read that this was your experience.

I can imagine how upsetting it is to arrive to a dead battery, but glad the valet attendant responded quickly and was helpful to you and your daughter.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

The reason I did not give this hotel a higher rating was due to the fact of water pressure in the shower. I have thick hair and barely had enough pressure to wash my hair from the faucet. Also the water was not hot. The sky dome restaurant was very busy and you just stay in line right outside the elevator where there is no room, we chose to leave and eat elsewhere. We stayed in the North Tower and our room had a very nice view. Pentagon was right across from our window. When we returned from dinner I stopped someone that worked there that was on the 10th floor and asked her if they had any box fans (trained to sleep with a fan) and she had one show up in 15 minutes. Awesome service!!

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a positive stay experience, but apologize for the lack of water pressure. Typically this is not a challenge for our guests so it may be isolated to the room you were in. I do hope you will follow up with me directly and give me the room number so the Director of Property Operations can look into this further.

The Skydome was busier than usual due to Valentine's Day. The spectacular view and unique experience make this a very popular destination for couples on the days prior & post Valentine's Day. I am sorry you did not wait to get in, but hope you return soon so you can have an enjoyable Skydome experience.

It is nice to read that although you did not get to enjoy the view from the Skydome that you did from your room. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful unobstructed view of Washington DC from many of our rooms. I appreciate you mentioning the service and glad your request was met quickly.

Thank you again for the review and as always I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I asked for a wheelchair accessible room with a roll-in shower and got it! The room was very spacious. The beds at the perfect height for a wheelchair. An alcove with a shelf and bar with hangers at the right for someone in a wheelchair. Electrical outlets and light switches were reachable and usable by someone with limited dexterity. The bathroom met every ADA spec with a fold down bench bolted to the shower wall where yiu could reach the contols and soap dish. Downside there is a weird bracket that the shower wand would vibrate out of position and fall out. It could use an in room refrigerator. Dining room in lobby and bar were accessible. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. It is not within rolling distance of anything. They run a shuttle in the evening but I used my car and did not ask if shuttle was accessible. Everything was expensive.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for your review. Based on availability, we do try to meet all requests so it is nice to read that we were able to offer you your requested room type. Our ADA rooms were designed to make it easy for someone in a wheelchair to not only get around, but also do what is needed with ease. I appreciate you mentioning the challenge you had the with shower wand and will pass this comment to our Director of Property Operations so he can follow up on it immediately.

We do offer refrigerators in our more recently refurbished rooms and plan on doing so in all rooms after they are all completed. However, we do have refrigerators available upon request and if one is available we are happy to deliver it.

We do have an accessible shuttle and our drivers are all training on how to properly use the lift. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading to me responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We have stayed here several times. This time was disappointing. The good things: Very good food; excellent response to multiple problems by front desk; outstanding concierge; beautiful view of DC. The disappointing things: Shuttle was not dependable; towels were not replaced and I had to request them; bathtub drain did not run properly and water backed up; toilet backed up.

My husband's bottom line response to the experience was, "I do not want to stay there again!"

Room Tip: Request a room with a DC view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry we let you down on your previous stay, but hope you can use the previous positive stay experiences to know this is not the normal guest experience.

I appreciate you mentioning the positive aspects of your stay. it is nice to read that you enjoyed the food and had positive interactions with the staff. We are fortunate that due to our excellent location we can offer fantastic views from some of our rooms and the Skydome. I am glad you were able to take advantage of this and take in the spectacular view.

It is surprising to read that the shuttle was not dependable. As you know there is a set schedule of when it runs and typically our guests find it very dependable. I am sorry this was not your experience and would welcome some more information as to when you had to wait so we can look into this further. I can understand why it would be frustrating to wait unexpectedly and again apologize to both of you.

Based on your previous experiences, I hope you can see the toilet/tub back up may be isolated to this room. It appears from your comment that it may have been fixed while you were here and I am glad the staff responded quickly to your challenge.

Thank you again for the review and I hope your husband changes his mind. We would love to have you both return so we can work hard to offer you a much more positive experience so we can restore your faith in the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Stayed here last year in the North Tower....a total disappointment. This year, I was adamant about staying in the South Tower for business with my associates. Success! The room is perfect, the sheets, linens, floors are spotless.....they must find a way to refurbish the North Tower to look like the South..
Breakfast buffet is extremely nice and filling and the idea that the waiter offered me a cup of coffee to take "on the road" was another amazing little extra I loved. Great time this time. Hope to be back next year.....in the South Tower.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank PADancergrrl
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Thank you for your review. It is great to read that we were able to exceed your expectations after falling short last time. While I agree that the South Tower rooms are fantastic, I do hope you will give the North Tower another try next time as we have so many happy guests that prefer the North Tower rooms. Currently, it is in the plans to refurbish the North Tower in 2014.

I appreciate the comments about breakfast and it is nice to see that the server was able to offer a little something extra to start your day off right.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return too! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.