“Comedy Night”

RiRa Irish Pub
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

My cousin from Ireland went to enjoy a comedy show. We arrived near the start time and had no sitting room. Our fault. The space was crammed, but everyone filled up wall space. You could order of you were at a table and there was a lot of bar space/ sitting space downstairs.

Reviewed 25 November 2014

Went with the wife and kids this past weekend (4 & 7 year olds) and had a great meal. Staff was extremely nice and the food was outstanding. It was too early for live music, so it wasn't too loud inside. The fish and chips were exceptional. My kids don't usually like fish, and were mad they had to eat it... until they tried it. They loved every bit. I was very surprised.

Reviewed 23 November 2014

We stopped in RiRa early one evening - meeting a group of friends there. The décor is very 'ye olde pub' which I always like. We had a group of people all ordering at different times and our waiter (a young Irish guy) did an admirable job coping with that. I had Irish version of the Cobb salad with chunky pieces of bacon - it was really good and really hearty. It was a good venue for a large group of people.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

It appeared staff training or something seriously missing. Nice big place, it LOOKS Irish. On a recent slow night, we were served slowly. The waitress was stumped by my order for a "half and half, with Smithwicks" ( in an Irish pub?). Appetizer (pretzels) served so slowly we thought they had been forgotten completely. Out of our 5 meals, also served slowly., one had fries instead of onion rings as ordered, and one sandwich was completely wrong. Added 10+ minutes to correct that, to include involvement of ? Manager. Waitress said it was her first night on the floor, and if true, she was inadequately trained/supported in her new job. We thought food was, overall, quite satisfactory, but we had to wait and work too hard for it. Desserts and Irish coffees were good. Our waitress was indeed quite pleasant and trying hard, it seemed, but....I finished my sandwich long after rest of family was done. And we waited too long at several points, for a new empty restaurant.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I needed some entertainment so I headed to Rí Rá Irish Pub in Arlington which has free stand up comedy on Wednesdays from 8pm. It has an excellent atmosphere and some excellent acts. I wasn't able to get a table during the show, so after I went for dinner where they have half price burgers. I chose the standard burger from the menu and received a pretty average burger with okay chips and a pickled onion. It's not bad and did the job at this late hour but I would have preferred something much tastier. They have sports on the big screen too.