“Delicious crab cakes and fish and chips!”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,005 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 23rd Street
Transit: Crystal City (Yellow Line) Metro station.
Description: For all those who love seafood in Crystal City, the world really can be your oyster. Choose from among the 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish we serve simply prepared, 365 days a year. In season, our patio seating is a lure for those who choose the fresh seafood and fresh air combo.
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Don't usually like to eat in chain restaurants while on vacation but since we don't have a Legal Sea Food in our area and it was within walking distance from our hotel we decided to give it a try. Likewise it was highly recommended by everyone we asked before going. Everyone was right, the seafood was delicious and perfectly cooked. Prices are a little steep but it was well worth the cost and the portion sizes were substantial. They also have a nice spirits menu as well. Our server was fantastic and made great recommendations on what to order.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

This is my favorite restaurant in the Washington, DC Metro area. The seafood is always fresh and delicious--so tasty. The service is prompt and their manners are exquisite. I always feel welcome no matter what time of day or how many are in my party. I just LOVE this restaurant. I believe it's my favorite in all the world!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Went to have dinner with friends on a stifling night and had a wonderful time. Our server was very professional, prompt and knowledgeable. The menu is the usual one, but there are enough pickings to satisfy most appetites. Everyone enjoyed their food and the white wine flights two of us ordered were also good. All in all a very nice experience.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

I have eaten here a few times when I visit the area as it is convenient and easily walkable to the numerous hotels here. The food is good, seafood options abundant and usually well prepared.

My recent dinner was served cold. I would have sent it back but having traveled all day I was tired and hungry. The raw oysters were great and the tuna entree very good but it was not supposed to be cold. The glass of cremant - no champagne offered - was warm and flat and returned and replaced appropriately. Perhaps it was just an off night. The bon bon dessert is great and background jazz very pleasant.

However, do NOT sit on the left side of the restaurant as you face two large openings into the kitchen, not a great view. It's not as if you can view the chefs preparing their specialties. However, outdoor dining is lovely and bar seating can be fun. Service was ok but I know it can be better.

Disappointing this time but I will try them again on my next visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

The calamari with peppers and garlic was nothing special but tender....not rubbery at all. My grilled salmon was delicious as was my husbands tuna prepared medium rare. They do a very nice job of cooking seafood to "just right". The seaweed salad was a new experience and quite good; it had a nutty taste. The risotto cake was very filling and unique. Service was decent but I felt we were being rushed at first.