All reviewsrite aidwasher dryerliving roomfull kitchenfurnished apartmenthome away from homewhole foodsharris teetercooking utensilscrystal citywashington dcunderground mallmetro stopdining tablethe wi fiwithin walking distancelocation was perfect
Reviewed 22 March 2018

My brother and I rented a two bedroom apartment for a short stay (4 nights) on an internet online, pay in full in advance rate that was considerably less expensive than the rates in the hotel next door where the conference we were attending was being held. We arrived early in the morning after an overnight train ride and our check in time was not until later that afternoon. The on-duty rental agent went out of her way to get us into our unit as early as possible. The unit was spacious, very clean & modern and the location was perfect for both our conference and for access to the Metro for our travels around the DC area. There were plenty of restaurants and shops available within walking distance. I will stay there as often as possible when I travel to the Washington DC area.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
OakwoodCrystalCity, Manager at Oakwood Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thank you for choosing Oakwood Crystal City. We are extremely happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. Please keep in mind that we have lots of properties worldwide. We hope that you will choose Oakwood while planning your future trips.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

I stayed at the Oakwood in Crystal City for a month prior to leaving the DC area. When I asked about rates, they asked if I was military affiliated. When I told them I was but I was NOT on orders/per diem and was renting this on my own, they still insisted the "best price" was going to be the military rate. I subsequently learned that is flat out false, since they frequently offer these rooms/suites at a lower cost on hotel-type websites to the general public.

Since I was in a bind and needed a place, I went ahead and rented a one-bedroom unit. Prior to doing so, I actually made an appointment to go in and see a "sample" unit. The person I made the appointment with wasn't there but another person showed me the model unit. The photos you see on-line of the bright, colorful and modern looking apartment is the model. I doubt there is another unit anywhere in that building that even comes close to what that one looks like. Talk about "bait and switch."

I must say that the location is great and the check-in was fast on the weekend I arrived. I went up to the unit and could not believe my eyes as to the sorry state of furniture! While the bedroom furniture was OK, I was appalled at the condition of the living/dining room furniture. See attached photos.

Notice the living room had a saggy sofa, a beat up coffee table, ONE side table and ONE lamp and a TV on top of a cabinet. THAT'S IT! No living room chair. No bright and cheery rug.

I have truly seen better furniture at second hand stores. To top it off, a previous resident must have had quite a taste for curry as the sofa smelled strongly of the spice. No amount of fabric spray would fix this - it literally STUNK! I had to take one of my own thick blankets to throw over the entire sofa to keep the odor down, and even that began to smell after awhile.

The dining table was huge but it only had two chairs, which is lousy if you wanted to invite more than one person over for a meal.

Like most businesses, it's very telling how they deal with a customer dissatisfaction or legitimate complaint issue when it's brought to their attention. In my case, it was absolutely nothing. I identified the problems with this unit and asked if I could be moved, and no one even bothered to respond. Needless to say, I decided against renting for another month and moved out at the end of the month, never to return.

It was also annoying to realize that other people (transients) were getting BETTER units at almost HALF the cost, based on what was being advertised on the hotel websites. What a slap in the face for a tenant who is looking for a longer-term lease. Usually, renting longer means a discount, not a jacked-up rate.

When I first moved to DC, I rented at Oakwood in another location. I must say that was a far superior experience to what I got at the Oakwood in Crystal City. My advice is that there are so many other options for furnished rentals that I would suggest you shop around before deciding.

I thought I had practiced due diligence by going over to look at the unit, but IMO I still got the shaft. Buyer beware.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TwoTravelersToG... A
OakwoodCrystalCity, Manager at Oakwood Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

First I would like to thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience while staying with us.It is only though feedback such as yours that we are able to improve on the service we provide to our guests.

I was very sadden to read how dissatisfied you were with staying at our property. My staff and I take a huge pride in providing our guests with the best "home away from home" experience and it pains me to hear that we failed you. I personally reach out to our guests through their stay to check if they may have any needs. I am sorry that you missed the communication from me. Whenever, a different option is available we do accommodate transfers to different apartment and we also have a maintenance on staff, 7 days a week, who can address any maintenance issue brought to our attention.

Please accept my apology that the apartment you toured before your arrival nor the apartment during your stay met your standards. All of our apartments have been renovated within the last 12 months so they are in the same physical condition. Please also know that we also absolutely agree with you on the fact that our furniture package needs a face lift. We have been looking into buying and rental option for our property. With the renovation ending this is next thing on our improvement plan.

Please know that you are always welcome to book your stay on our website if you feel that the rates offer there better suite your needs. Please know however, those rate do not include additional things like parking, and housekeeping, etc. The cheapest rates also require prepaymnet for the entire stay and they are only guaranteed for the time period of the original reservation. Moreover, online reservation also require commitment for the duration of the stay and do not have a government clause, which allows to break the lease when the orders or assignment are changed. We offer a variety of properties in DC metro area which vary in amenities, look and price. Working with our Sales team allows to find a property that best fits guests desire and I am truly sorry that we did not turned out to be what you were hoping for.

Again, please accept my apology for being unable to provide you with the stay you were hoping for. I hope that if you give us an opportunity in the future, we will be able to find more high end Oakwood accommodation at that time.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I have been to Oakwood apartment in Crystal city many times on official trips and this time it is one of the best. My recent stay with Oakwood for two months was amazing. I come from a tropical climate and find it very difficult to stay in Washington DC during winter. However, staying with Crystal city oakwood, I find it very very helpful. The most prominent advantage is that the location close to many things. The underground metro you don't require to walk in the freezing temperature, underground shops crystal city for basic things. It is also very close to Costco, Pentagon mall, Harris-teeter and I also notice that Whole foods newly opened which is much closer to the apartment. This time I also took my family and they were also very happy to stay in crystal city apartment. I should say that the Manager Angelika was very very helpful in taking care of the Guest. In short, when I stay here I do not feel missing my home.

Stayed: December 2017
OakwoodCrystalCity, Manager at Oakwood Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you for returning to Oakwood Crystal City again and again. We are always trying to go above and beyond for our guests and we are happy to hear that we can always make you feel so welcome. We hope you and your family will visit us again in 2018.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I booked furnished apartment last minute for two months stay. Everything from answering my online application to check in and very single detail was handled by true professionals and people who took pride in their job. Being away from home made it so much easier when you say smiling face greeting you at the reception and asking how was your day. Front reception always was tastefully decorated and people who worked there was always more than helpful. I loved little treats during the week provided and the calendar that informed about those events. Thank you sales office and especially Ms. Angelika Balik who took time to answer each and every question. Last but not least the awesome housekeeping team who left lovely notes and apartment smelling amazing. I already recommended this place to my peer who will stay there for two months as well and I hope you will have the same amazing experience as I did.
Final note- location is phenomenal but sometimes that means nothing without good customer service experience. This place exceeded expectations. Highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
OakwoodCrystalCity, Manager at Oakwood Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for choosing Oakwood Crystal City. We are beyond thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We know that traveling often brings challenges and our main focus is to make our guests feel at home. Thank you also for recognizing our staff. We do in fact have an awesome team here who takes a great pride in going above and beyond for our guests.

We hope that you will visit us again while in DC and you will keep Oakwood Worldwide in mind while making future travel plans anywhere in the world.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

The 2 bed apartment we booked to use as a base for touring Washington DC was terrific. Check in was easy and no-fuss, the apartment was well-equipped with everything we needed, and the location just a 7 minute underground stroll to the Metro was perfect...so handy when it was cold outside!
It was also handy to a huge Shopping centre, with plenty of shopping underneath in the plaza.
Clean, quiet, and well located - thankyou Oakwood!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
OakwoodCrystalCity, Manager at Oakwood Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you for choosing Oakwood. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you will choose one of ours worldwide locations while making future travel plans.