“Good sushi & sashimi, exceptional udon”
Review of Bonsai Grill

Bonsai Grill
Ranked #227 of 902 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 30 April 2017

My wife and I have now dined here twice together with our son and his family, and our shared opinion is summarized in the title of this review. Sushi and sashimi are quite fresh (as they ought to be). The udon is remarkable for the abundance of ingredients in addition to noodles and the exceptionally hearty and flavorful broth. If the weather is nice there are a couple of tables on the covered patio in front where one can scope out the funky neighborhood while enjoying lunch or dinner. Reasonable prices. We advise coming early for dinner as the restaurant is small and fills up pretty fast during peak dining hours.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I, and anyone that knows, loves this place. Hands down the best quality sushi. I suggest getting the boat and taking the reminder to go. But, eat the boat to go is just sooooo good!

Reviewed 4 February 2017

wow!!! very fresh sushi and sashime ever I had .I miss it already.Yam yam
I liked food on the boat. I wish had picture of it..
I will go back again and again.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

The actual name is Crystal Bonsai Sushi, to distinguish it from Bonsai Sushi in Shirlington.

I could also call it our "To Go" sushi place because we've done carry out quite often. Either way, we've found the sushi to be fresh and tasty. It is small -- maybe five seats at the sushi bar, maybe ten tables inside and a few outside. Reminds me of sushi places in Tokyo.

Your sushi order will come with miso soup, a small lettuce salad with ginger dressing, and often a piece of sauteed fish as an "amuse bouche", or "lagniappe."

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We have been going here since they opened. They always make us feel welcome and it is the restaurant of choice of our children for special occasions.