“Our "Go To" Sushi Place”
Review of Bonsai Grill

Bonsai Grill
Ranked #198 of 948 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 18 October 2016

The actual name is Crystal Bonsai Sushi, to distinguish it from Bonsai Sushi in Shirlington.

I could also call it our "To Go" sushi place because we've done carry out quite often. Either way, we've found the sushi to be fresh and tasty. It is small -- maybe five seats at the sushi bar, maybe ten tables inside and a few outside. Reminds me of sushi places in Tokyo.

Your sushi order will come with miso soup, a small lettuce salad with ginger dressing, and often a piece of sauteed fish as an "amuse bouche", or "lagniappe."

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We have been going here since they opened. They always make us feel welcome and it is the restaurant of choice of our children for special occasions.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Event sushi and great service. Unfortunately a guy was on his cell phone yelling into it at the next table. The staff refused to tell him to be quiet so I finally did. Ruined my meal.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I have been coming here for years and I was never disappointed. As the matter of fact I tend to compare my other sushi experiences with BONSAI and these guys always win. I love their lasagna style rolls and the Vegas Roll. Bento combinations and Sashimi Deluxe are on my top 5 list.
Fresh Salmon and Tuna. Good rice in your Maki. Good green tea. And yes, I would recommend the place to my friend. :)

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

This is a miserable sushi place. I have been sorely disappointed twice now. Everything that is supposed to be crispy is soggy, and the tuna and salmon was mushy.