“Twice in two weeks - will be back!”
Review of Ray's the Steaks

Ray's the Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Ray's the Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 887 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: USD 0 - USD 35
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Gave it a shot for a reunion with old friend and his wife for my first time. He and I shared the cowboy rib eye and she had scallops. Food? - the best; Atmosphere? - so, so (there appears to be a distinction between rooms and clientele); Welcome at the door? not really; Staff - some excellent, some hurrying us on. Returned with new friends a few weeks later. Similar experience, but our cowboy was, "very good". Would I return - yes. Would I be more comfortable to ask for different seating - yes. Bottom line - great steak worthy of sharing with friends.

There are newer reviews for Ray's the Steaks

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Went for a small private reception with fixed menu, but the filet mignon i had was flawess... juicy, tender, lean but melted like butter in mouth. The appetizer sampler was also impressive. Deserts were decent.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised with our meal and service. This place is not like other chain steak houses. Every order isnt like a sales process! Our server Lucas was on point. The food was perfect, not overly seasoned or salty. It was just right.
If you wonder what to eat or where to go. Go to Rays!!

1  Thank Camden426
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

There is only one reason to visit Ray's--and that is of course the steaks. The side dishes of mashed potatoes or vegetables are good, but essentially an afterthought. My wife and I long ago decided to just order one of any number of several cuts of steak and let a bottle of fine wine be our side dish. That way, nothing goes to waste. Ray's knows how to prepare steaks-absolutely no if's, and's, or doubts about it. I've long ago limited my intake of red meat, but when I feel the need for a succulent hunk of beef, Ray's is the best place to fall off the wagon!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Their steaks are as excellent as you can hope for. They have a strong, diverse menu of cuts and accompaniments to keep it varied as well. Their main focus is on the food and keeping prices low so you may feel rushed if you are the type of person that likes to have a 2 hour dinner. There aren't any frills on the walls or intense decorative design so it may not be the most romantic spot, but the food is excellent.