All reviews free parking metro station yogurt dc area free breakfast choice hotels within walking distance stay there again fridge and microwave rooms are clean minute walk hot items convenient location we've stayed room was large the breakfast area easy access
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I would have liked to give a higher rating to this hotel, but....

When I checked in, the front desk told me about a parking fee even though my booking from a couple months ago clearly stated no charge. Not a good way to start, since the clerk said he would extend me the courtesy of free parking when it is contractual and not courtesy.

We were a party of four including a grandson and his uncle. The hotel was comfortable enough, and the maid service quite good. We tried to be environmental by hanging our towels per the instruction by the hotel but our towels were changed every day (we were here for five nights). We were using the hotel primarily as a base to see Smithsonian and Mall sights, and it was good for that (we drove because the parking fees were cheaper than four Metro fares).

This is a good place for accessing eateries, and we tried a couple of one's within walking distance.

The breakfast was meh...industrial eggs, sometimes shaped by machine into an omelet. Alternating sausages and bacon. Okay selection of bread products.

One strange quirk is related to Google maps (on which we enable no toll roads). Problem is that Google maps treats the hotel as being on I-66, which is a toll road requiring EZ pass. So we would get weird routings that we knew to be wrong. The hotel has an entry that is on the turn lane entering 66, and one has to be careful with fast cars behind when turning into the hotel from Glebe Road. The other entry/exit is on Washington Boulevard, and one needs to be careful getting over to the left turn to go the other way from 66.

Fortunately we know this area and overrode Google maps through paper maps or designating a nearby restaurant and not the hotel as our originating point.

This hotel does not have a guest laundry, but there is a decent coin laundromat not too far away on N. Glebe.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2018

We've been on the road all month and usually stay at the hotels in the Choice chain. It's been hit and miss, but this one definitely raised the bar for all others. We've actually paid more for Comfort Inns elsewhere in the country, so this one is a real steal. Location is great, but beyond that the room is spacious, clean, well-appointed, and the bed is comfortable. The amenities are nice, service is outstanding, and the breakfast better than most; everything about this hotel was what you would expect from much more upscale chains. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Met our need for a place to put our heads down a couple of nights in between other destinations. Comfortable beds, carpets were clean enough, enjoyed the “gym” even though tiny with only three different work-out machines. Front desk staff seemed a little inexperienced, but friendly enough. Breakfast included and good enough if donuts, waffles etc are your thing, but go somewhere else if you like something half healthy. Would stay for a night or two again because daughter at university nearby. For a longer stay, I’d choose Georgetown instead

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Visiting DC and this hotel is centrally located, an excellent value, clean, ample parking , parking is now $10.00 per night as of June 1, 2018 Breakfast included with a lot of choices Many restaurants within walking distance Not far from Ballston Metro stop.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This was perhaps the biggest nightmare of a hotel I've stayed in and I stay in hotels literally every week of the year for business Nationwide. It started off with the hotel staff taking my debit card to charge $100 an incidental as in that I paid in cash for the full stay of $343 only to find out later on that evening that my bank account have been charged the full amount of the stay thus the hotel double charge me, and if I wouldn't have seen it on my statement I would have been paying double the rate.

The hotel rooms bathroom had constant condensation on a ceiling for the entire three days, even with leaving the vent fan on in the bathroom continuously and the heat lamp in the attempt to dry up the moisture that was on everything in the bathroom. On the third night while watching TV, the heat lamp exploded and sent shards of glass flying all over the entire bathroom where is if somebody had been in there they would have most definitely been cut or possibly even blinded.

I brought this to the hotel staffs attention which was referred to the manager and in short the manager came up with that I had somehow cause the heat lamp to explode. The hotel manager refused to Grant any form of compensation for double charging or their exploding heat lamp in room 246.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business