“Surely staff do make up for rooms in need of renovation”

Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
“Surely staff do make up for rooms in need of renovation”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Let's start by saying that I am a Hilton Diamond member and have spent my fair share of time in hotels. We chose this hotel because we could use my Marriott Reward points and get a suite to sleep my family of four for a long weekend vacation.

The night manager (asian gentleman - 3/22-3/25) was surely with my wife about several issues.
- Desire to move to adjacent room that was noticebly larger
- Clothes dryer did not work (well it took our money, just didn't dry the clothes)

The air conditioner in our room was LOUD and we had it fixed while we were out. Breakfast was on the poor end of quality for this chain.

It is close to the metro - 2 blocks. Safe neighborhood.
I wouldn't choose to stay here again - even for free.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Maple Shade, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 March 2012 via mobile

No movies in the room. $$ for high speed Internet.

Stayed March 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The good: decent location close to Metro and very friendly staff. Hot breakfast was very good and they had a buffet each evening. No road noise.
The bad: furnishings and cleanliness was so-so. Our suite was an efficiency so the refrigerator running all night was noisy. No luggage stand for my suitcase. Small fitness room. Small parking lot which fills up.
The ugly: Wireless was so weak on my floor (8th) that none of our 4 devices could successfully connect. The Ethernet wired was no better since it kicked me off every 5 minutes. I finally gave up and went 3G through my phone as bad as the Arlington service can be in the morning and evening.

Room Tip: Go to the Hyatt on Wilson instead....
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed here for four nights. I really enjoyed the hotel and my room, a small suite with a small kitchen. The room had enough power outlets for all of my gadgets. In general, the hotel was clean and the staff friendly. The complimentary breakfast was better than expected and the staff there was particularly helpful and eager to assist. The complimentary dinner was okay if one wants to save some money but if you want something else, there are several restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. The Metro station is also within walking distance. There is a $20 fee for overnight parking so factor that into your budget. I don't know if everyone gets it but the complimentary access to the internet was also a plus.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ramon M
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This is an outdated residence inn that needs a major update. The rooms are worn, old and have horrendous sound proofing. You will hear everything, car horns, hallway noise, even airplanes. (the residence inn Arlington courthouse is much quieter). My room was also dirty, there were crumbs on the counter top and mold in the tub. Next time, I will stay at other residence inn in Arlington.

• Stayed March 2012
Travellers also viewed these Arlington hotels
0.1 km away
0.2 km away
Courtyard Arlington Rosslyn
Courtyard Arlington Rosslyn
#28 of 51 in Arlington

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn

Property: Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn
Address: 1651 N Oak St, Arlington, VA 22209-2707
Region: United States > Virginia > Arlington
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Arlington
#8 Family Hotel in Arlington
#8 Romantic Hotel in Arlington
Price range (per night): $177 - $458
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn Hotel Arlington