“Delicious food... that happens to be in an airport ”
Review of CAVA Mezze Grill

CAVA Mezze Grill
Ranked #211 of 902 Restaurants in Arlington
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

CAVA mezze is good. It isn't just the best thing you can find in the terminal good, it's "I can't wait to eat there" good. The concept reminds me a little of Moe's with a Mediterranean twist. I like the grain bowl. Start by choosing your grain - lentils, brown or saffron rice (I choose all three), pick three sauces (hummus, harissa, crazy feta, tzatziki, etc), add meat (or roasted veggies), then unlimited toppings like cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olives, peppers, feta and lettuce. They offer you an options of dressing, it's overkill but why not, and you have a taste sensation. The cost for a bowl - that is a full meal - is around $10. For the quality and quantity it's a good deal. They also serve pita wraps with similar ingredients and a salad option. I think there's no shame planning your flights around having a meal here. It's in the delta terminal around gates 18-22.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This is a really great place to get a meal at Reagan National Airport. The menu is unique and not what is normally offered in airport food establishment. The Mediterranean offerings are great and you can make your meal with lots of options available to you.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Cava Mezza Grill is the Chipotle or Quedoba of Mediterranean food. Pick a pita, salad or rice bowl as a base then add sauces, protein and dressing. Protein includes beef meatballs, lamb, falafel and more. This would have been a higher review except for the staff who (1) did accommodate my for a bag but were rude about it and (2) repeatedly yelled questions at me without giving me a chance to answer. Study the menu board as you wind through the line as they expect you to know exactly what you want, even if it's your first visit and you have questions. Just don't ask any and figure it out yourself. There was a line but it was moving fast so a little patience would have gone a long way! The falafel was good although a bit over cooked. Beef meatballs were very bland so they needed a sauce. Basmati saffron rice was good. Still better than most airport food so worth a try.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

This was newly added since my last visit to DCA and I'm so glad it was! What a great concept and great food! Build your own salad, rice bowl or pita sandwich with a Greek twist!
I had a rice bowl and the options for meat and toppings were amazing. My friend had a salad and said that was delicious too - the choices for types of lettuce alone were amazing!
I was pleased to find this health alternative to the regular boring airport food.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

You can get your choice of bread, spreads, fillings and innards for your sandwich. The focus is Mediterranean. I liked my felafel in pita with barista, hummus and eggplant spreads.