“Where my sister committed suicide.”
Review of Relax Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria
Relax Inn
Ranked #45 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 13 September 2016

For REAL. Motel staff cleaned up the room very well. There was no blood. She put a plastic bag over her head with a tube to a HELIUM tank. Fairfax County Police found her....NOOO she was not floating around the room, but I think she all blue. Undisclosed room number.

Room Tip: Good place to cash in your chips!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 May 2016

not good worst experience and its old motel having bed bugs and stain marks on bed sheets mainly it doesn't any cafeteria or breakfast and mainly they charge more like As a luxurious motel but it doesnt have more facilities when compared to other motels

Room Tip: worst and terrible experience
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

I called a month before our vacation to make a reservation, I was told in very broken English, by an older gentleman. No reservations. A younger man got on the phone and in a very strong accent asked was I coming tonight. I said no in a month. He said call the day before. I asked how much for 7 days, since we were coming to DC. He said $505.05 including tax. I said will you take my name and credit card info. He said what's your name, I said Jason, he said ok got it. I said, do you want my last name, he said no and no cc info. I looked online for a backup plan. We went on the first part of our vacation, and then called the day before to make sure they had a room. The guy who answered was the younger guy, and said yes Mr Jason, I have your room.

We got there, I paid. And I was pleasantly surprised. Not the Hilton, or the Ritz, but not bad either. Yes I knew that it was going to be older and a bit out dated, but I was thinking maybe a little scary. Nope! I never once felt scared. The paid on the door was peeling, but so what.

The pillows were flat, but lots are now days. The a/c was great. There was a fridge and microwave. Lots of hot water with good water pressure! Never once did the four of us run out of hot water. The beds are a little old, but not horrible. The towels weren't big and fluffy, but they dried us off.

The only downside is there was no coffee. Not in the room or in the lobby, but there was a McDonald's, just down the road, and a Krispy Kreme. So we went there.

This motel is super close to the Huntington Metro station, so you can just ride the metro into DC every day!

Over all I think this is a great little motel, and we would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed 22 May 2015

This is a very basic budget motel. It wasn't very nice but if you can't afford the higher priced motels in the area, this one is tolerable. No hand towel was provided nor a single hanger; how difficult would it be to buy some wire hangers for your guests? There were ants in the bathroom. It seems that appearances don't matter much to the owners; the paint is peeling and the furniture is really old. The soap holder in the shower had been removed and some black substance covered the spot. These are all things I can live with since I'm unwilling to pay the higher prices of other motels, but the very strong odor of disinfectant or a cleaning product was quite unpleasant. The wifi was good.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2015

i spent one week in this motel and this motel is excellent when compared to price of other motels.and the price is also reasonable and having excellent facilities like television,micro oven,refrigerator ,hot water and free wi-fi with having daily room service and good parking facility and it is located very near to metro and staff are so friendly

Room Tip: rooms on north side are good i think
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple