“FABULOUS DAY SPA HAIR, FACIAL, COLONIC”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mylandre Spa & Salon
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was recently treated to a new treatment keratin (sp) by Lucritia at this place, and I have to say it was absolutely awesome My age is telling and my hair needed fixing.

I purchased a Groupon for almost half off a keratin treatment..something I had been wanting to try for some time. Good deal plus a salon fairly close to home with mixed reveiws?

The five star service is trying to make an appointment. First time I called I got a voicemail so I hung up and tried later. I talked to a girl but it seemed when the first appointment time didn't work out she gave up on me and sent me to another voicemail...annoying. I got a call back within a day and worked to get an appointment. Since I work until at least five on weekdays I scheduled weeks out to get a Saturday appointment. I received a call on Thursday before my Saturday appointment to let me know they had double booked and needed to move my appointment. Bummed. What was most disappointing was how toward the end of the call they almost made me feel like it was my fault they had double booked...like, what was I going to do about this. Moved my appointment to the next Tuesday after work, 5:30p. I do feel like they were accommodating because I think their last appointment is usually 5pm.

End of rant, it's all good from here!

Walking in this salon is so cute. I would describe it as bright, great mirrors and Lucritia is very detailed in her explanations. She got my hair color perfect, trimmed and the Keritin (sp?) treatment made my mid age hair shine and I looked wonderful.
Appointment started with offering me a beverage and shampooing my hair. The shampoo station was kind of uncomfortable...it seemed to try to adjust to my height but was kind of resting on my shoulders. My stylist was Lucritia and the first thing she did was describe the process of color, keritin and what it will do to my hair as it has some common misconceptions about it. She finished explaining before she got started. The process was almost like getting your hair dyed without the sloppy, staining mess...she brushed the solution all throughout my hair and then dried and straightened it using a flat iron after it was air dries and a bit of the dryer.

I parked at a meter and before the desk clerk (uh, lack of a better term...?) left she came by with quarters to feed my meter but had it taken care of already...so nice of them to think about it because I did arrive before the meters were in affect.

Before leaving Lucritia went through how I would take care of my hair the next few days like which kind of shampoo and conditioner to use - no phosphates and when and how to wash to get the maximum out of the treatment. She also gave me a gift certificate for a reduced price to use when I go back. I am so excited to style my own hair in the next few days to see how different it is for me to style. I can say I slept on it last night...normally that would mean I have to get up and wash it or at least restyle it and there were no kinks or anything. Bonus!

I intend on going back!I Lucritia was patient showing me how to wrap my hair to sleep, what a cute girl and positive that I (older than her mother) has positive beliefs that I can wrap my hair. Yes I did and it still looks great.