“Tasty lamb”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

This was a great choice for Mediterranean food. The lamb was tender & flavorful & nicely presented. Service was thoughtful. The baklava was made in house & came warm with powered sygar. Good value for the meal. If we lived nearby, we would be regulars.

Reviewed 8 September 2015

Came here based on reviews I read on Tripadvisor and Yelp. Place was pretty large and was virtually empty - 2 tables occupied. Service was awful and I never complain or even notice service. Seemed like all were there for their first night. Seemed like anything I asked about someone else had to come to consult and only knew half the answer. Ordered a greek salad, got a caesar salad. Didn't send it back since it looked OK. Had tomatoes in it which was unusual but not bad. The entree Lamb something was just OK. Seemed like something you'd throw together at home with some leftovers. Waiter said this would be spicey. Not at all. Rice, carrots and chunks of leg of lamb - mostly rice. Best thing about this place is the price. Very reasonable for Alexandria.

Reviewed 30 August 2015

try the starter, brie in puff pastry. excellent and only 13 dollares for 2 people share.
highly recommended throughout.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

While in town on business, a couple of friends and I chose to dine here for dinner one night because there was hummus on the menu! While, I'm sure most don't just choose a restaurant because of hummus, we did and am happy we did! Outstanding food! Great wine! And when I asked to speak to the chef (he shares the same name as a colleague), he was so polite! I told him that we can in for hummus and that I had to meet him because of his name. He then invited me back for the next night where he was doing a demonstration of Tajine cooking! What a treat! Met some really great people from the area and really enjoyed the dinner! Am so happy that we chose to dine here and will return when I am back in town! Thanks Chef!

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Some friends and I came here for dinner, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Upon entering the restaurant, we were promptly greeted and led to a table. The decor is simply beautiful with mosaics and Byzantine influences. Two of my companions ordered the Caesar salad for an appetizer, while my friend and I had the Casablanca Bastilla-- mmm! A very unique and refreshing blend of chicken, eggs, onion and almonds with cinnamon sugar. We also had the pinch Morena beef which was nicely marinated and tender. The fifth person with us had the Insalata Caprese, which looked wonderful.None of us left anything on our plates!

For the entree, I had the Coq au Riesling, although when I saw the vegetarian lasagna that another person at my table ordered, I nearly wished I'd ordered it instead. However, the Coq au Riesling was delicious, and the accompanying roast veggies were tender without being soggy. One of my companions had the Couscous Casablanca, but she ended up eating the vegetarian lasagna while the person who ordered the lasagna ate the chickpeas from the Couscous. All the servings were generous without being overwhelming, and everything was very tasty.

Our servers were attentive throughout the meal without being intrusive. Water glasses were kept full and food was brought promptly. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and if I am ever again in the neighborhood, I will probably stop by again.

For dessert, two of us had cheesecake and three of us had chocolate cake. The servings were large enough to satisfy but not so large as to overwhelm.