“Terrible compared to last year”
Review of Zoes Kitchen

Zoes Kitchen
Ranked #444 of 771 Restaurants in Alexandria
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

This year the food is horrible. I usually get the Chicken Kabobs or the Salmon Kabobs...for some unknown reason the Salmon is starting to taste fishy and muddy tasting. There used to be some type of marinade they were using, but that disappeared. I also think that some of the chefs are racist, being that this place serves predominantly Caucasian the chefs body language and facial expressions towards ethnic dark-skinned or dark toned speak volumes. One even gritted on me as I walked pass the kitchen to go to their unkept restroom. I am done with this location.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Let me start by saying I love Zoes, but admit not all stores are equal. It was my first visit to the Alexandria location and the dining room was a mess! I had to ask an employee to wipe down the tables and I pointed to all of the food and trash on the floor. Really made me wonder how clean the kitchen was if the dining room was so messy. The food was good.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

I've been to this location several times for lunch. I require gluten free food due to celiac disease and the manager here is very accommodating. I buy the chicken kabob platter with rice and salad and a separate side of hummus with sliced cucumbers (in place of pita).

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Has outdoor dining, very quiet seating, the hummus is great, and the chicken salad - WOW! This is a place where you order at the counter, take out or dine in. Refrigerators offer popular items that make it easy to pick up quickly and take out.
Location is hidden in a shopping area in the corner. The covered patio is great for sipping coffee and conversing.

Elle F, Guest Relations Manager at Zoes Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again soon, Susie!

Thanks,
Team Zoës

Reviewed 30 December 2015

It was my first time going to this location and had a great experience because of the super friendly girl behind the counter. She was very sweet and inviting and would go back just because of her service.
I tried the pesto hummus and veggies kabobs, which were excellent. The food is fresh and tasted very good. They also have this giant chocolate chip cookie, which was moist and delicious :) I highly recommend this restaurant. also the food came out very fast which is great.