“Great find as we drove by and glad we stopped in..”

Vaso's Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #5 of 878 Restaurants in Alexandria
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2017

After a week in the D.C. Area, this place by far was the most memorable with the best food and service. The quality and freshness of the food was the key. The service was also very good. We are still talking about it which says a lot. We had a Greek Sampler Appetizer with the Stuffed Shrimp. Bothe were incredible and the crab had very little fillers. A local couple sitting next to us, recommended the Tiramisu and I tell you, this was the best we have ever had. I will make it a point to travel on the METRO from DC to Alexandria just to have Dinner at this place. Thank you for a great time. I’ll BE BACK.

1  Thank tophatafc

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Enjoyed a great dinner for two couples. Shared an appetizer as we made selection from a wide array of dishes. We had dishes ranging from veal saltimbocca to grilled fish. Creamy desserts were a nice completion to the meal. Wine and food prices were reasonable. Service was efficient, but unintrusive.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I wandered In For dinner on a Saturday night. There was no wait and no need for reservations unless you have a big group. We were sat upstairs and were greeted by a very nice waitress. They have a large wine selection to include some Greek options. The menu has lamb, chicken, veal, and seafood. The preparation choices are similar for each protein. So you can get terra Mara, saltamboca, picatta, etc. you get a fresh salad when you order an entree but it was small and seemed catered like what you'd get at a hotel banquet. The dishes are served with veggies or pasta and the veggies vary depending on the season. Overall the food was good. The lemon butter sauce was rich. The food did take a long time to arrive but we enjoyed it. The stuffed shrimp is a very small portion.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My first visit to Vaso's was enjoyable. The food was tasty and the wine selection excellent. Waitress was friendly and helpful. Then bill was reasonable for the area (one appetizer, one entree, one dessert, two glasses of wine was $65 before tip).

The inside of the restaurant is tight and I felt cramped, but I will definitely return.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I ordered the Chicken Saltimboca for dinner. It was different from what I expected. It had a heavy sauce and was chewy. It also was cooked in a lot of oil. My tablemate had the Stuffed Flounder. It was also very oily.