“Great food and nice people”
Review of Hard Times Cafe

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Sampled all their chili and chose Texas Chili Mac. It was delish. Also had onion rings which were thin cut and tasty. Our server, Olivia was very helpful, accommodating and outgoing. We’ll be back!

1  Thank Tex409
Alexandria-Chili, Owner at Hard Times Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Glad to see Texas was your favorite.
Thank you for sharing. Our staff loves the feedback.
Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Miserable waitress with bad manners and terrible customer service. Felt incredibly unwelcome, and as if every request was unreasonable. For example, asked for cornbread while we waited on mains. Was told ‘Cornbread will be brought out with mains (as she turned away)’. by the way, Cornbread never came. Asked for separate checked and simply told ‘no’ as she turned away. I was embarrassed as I’d recommended HTC to my overseas visitors for our first dinner as a real slice of Americana. Welcome to America (not)...

Date of visit: October 2018
Alexandria-Chili, Owner at Hard Times Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback.
We really screwed up, I apologize for the terrible service.
Please let me apologize for the terrible service.
I will investigate and correct the situation immediately.
Again I apologise.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

The chili in this place is amazing. I came in not liking chili and came out loving chili. I love there taste testing of the four different chilies, my favorite is the Texas chili and the one across from it. ( I forgot the name of it.)

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

If you like Chile you have to try Hard Times. They 4 different kinds all with a fairly good taste profile with the right amount of heat with flavor. I particularly like my chili with a milder taste so these were not for me but all others rave about how good they are.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Very good chili bar with lot of different chilis, and they are tasty. For me, the best is Texas chili and fantastic onion rings!

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you for your kind words.
Texas is the love it or not chili.
Terlingua and Cincy are tied for 1st place.
With our free chili sampler our guests get to make up their own mind.
I like half and half Texas and Veggy.
Thanks you for your business.