“My Husbands Birthday”
Review of Nina's Dandy

Nina's Dandy
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The Nina's Dandy was a lovely cruise. I rated 4 stars and not 5 due to the booking inconvenience. I booked my trip for Sunday evening of Sept 3 which is my husbands birthday, I received a call a week or so before the cruise and was informed that I needed to change the date because whomever booked me was not suppose to give me a blackout date. I was highly disappointed due to a person that likes things in order and don't like change when my money in already taken.
So we cruised on Saturday Sept 2. Although the weather was breezy the cruise was fantastic. The seating was first come first served so get there on time. The temperature was great onboard not too cold or hot. During the first part of the cruise up until dinner they have a pianist that catered to the elderly but took song requests. Don't worry about the music too much, it will change up about half way through and play a couple songs you can get down to, lol. The food was good.. well mine was anyway due to me ordering the stuffed shrimp, my husband ordered the chicken breast in which he stated it was dry. The drinks are very pricey. The staff was friendly our waiter really didn't wait on us as he should though so I really don't know what that was about.
As for parking I highly recommend getting to the parking lot early due to limited but is the best option. The 7 dollars parking lot is right at the dock of the ship, its rocky so be careful.
Overall we had a great time and would do it again. Thank you Nina's Dandy another Birthday success!!

1  Thank rekischas
in 6 reviews
in 9 reviews
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

It was a beautiful day for a brunch cruise. I purchased a voucher on Groupon for a very reasonable price. I called a few days before to reserve a table and had to give my voucher # and credit card info over the phone to cover gratuity and other charges. It was a little odd to be giving all the info but made the day of much easier.

The instructions were boarding started at 11:30 leaving at 12. When we arrived there were not clear instructions. The line to get checked in for a table was forming in the same line for the buffet. It is first come so if you want a table by the windows get there early. They start serving immediately which is weird since you have 2.5 hours and people were done eating before we even boarded (at 1145).

The waitstaff was very friendly but all of them had very strong accents it was almost impossible to understand. Which is why most people were not following instructions to be seated and wait to be told when to head to the buffet which resulted in a slow line. No one corrected the people who didn't listen or understand.

The food was surprisingly good. They start you with 1 complimentary drink and a salad. Wafffles being made fresh, fruit and veggie trays, crackers with cheese spread. Then there was beef and chicken with potatoes and steamed veggies, mac&cheese, yams rice. Then there was a carving station for turkey and ham. The choke point was the omelette station. The chef was very fast and efficient just everyone wanted one and there was only one of her. Super gross was the guy in front of me scooping mac &cheese into him mouth with his fingers waiting for his omelette. Uncalled for and dirty when he like every one of his fingers finishing his plate. *hint-sit and eat your first plate and go back up for the omelette while everyone else is eating and there's no line.

After you eat there is time to go outside on deck, have another drink for additional charge, and listen to a guided tour which was actually factual. They serve a chocolate mousse for dessert and the cruise finishes off at about 2.5 hours.

The bathrooms were clean. They take photos as you Board and sell them for $20 after. Overall I think it was a great experience and would do it again with this line if family visited or such.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I'm ashamed to admit that we were "those" people. We forgot about our groupon (my husband got deployed), and they honored it a few days late.
We were stuck in traffic for more than 2 hours, and they were on the phone with us trying to help us get there - and held the boat knowing we were close.

Super friendly, decent food - clean boat - thank you for the extra accommodation.
Oh, and traffic from Western Loudoun county took 3+ hours on a Thursday! Plan extra time and enjoy downtown Alexandria if you miss the traffic.

1  Thank AngSeaWA
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Parking is really bad, but then what do you really expect from a wharf in a historical town? forget heels if you either unless you want to carry them and walk on rocks.

The ambiance is as usual, according to the quality of one's company and surroundings and there is of course alcohol to exacerbate the situation.

The sights are some silly attempt to hide that you see practically nothing but foliage but ...

The food is terrific, it is a beyond magical atmosphere they create - and wandering the streets of Alexandria with the potent Torpedo Factory and the incredible artists that fill that Old Alexandria area as the evening appetizer is just a wonderful.