“Beautiful, High Quality Products”

Ten Thousand Villages Alexandria
Ranked #4 of 20 Shopping in Alexandria
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I've been shopping at Ten Thousand Villages for the past two decades, and their products get better every year. Last year the Old Town Alexandria store carried about 80 different nativities. This year they feature "Traveler's Finds," one-of-a-kind treasures -- at reasonable prices. The jewelry, scarves, carved boxes and musical instruments make great gifts. And I love knowing that every dollar I spend is for a good cause!

1  Thank Julie B

Reviewed 6 September 2013

If you're in Old Town, I'd highly recommend spending some time here. Ten Thousand Villages sells handicrafts from around the globe, all of which are fair trade. Most of the people who work at the shop are volunteers, which is a simple testament to the incredible work of those artisans who made everything in the store.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

This store sells handmade goods from underdeveloped countries to help them build up their cities. The goods you can buy here are reasonably priced, and labeled with where they were made. The lady who works here was more than happy to help us navigate around, and knowledgeable about every item in the store. The crafts are unbelievably detailed handmade. We bought MOST of our treasure from here. I will definitely visit again when I go back in 6 months. It's an artisan store. (Lots of dragonfly items.. My favorite!)

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Something for everyone in this unique shop right on King Street. Sells all fair-trade products that help people in developing countries earn a living and support their families. Worth stopping in for a visit.