“Excellent”

Sam Phao Thai Cuisine
Ranked #109 of 766 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

This is such a cozy spot, directly on king street. The staff is friendly and helpful, menu has an array of noodle dishes, pho, vegetarian options as well. We had pineapple fried rice and wide noodle/chicken in brown sauce, took the chefs recommendation, Delicious! No wait on a Sunday morning.

There are newer reviews for Sam Phao Thai Cuisine

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Great cozy little restaurant, family owned, great food and affordable prices! Excellent, friendly service.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Sam Phao Thai is tucked away on King Street, a bit more low-key than the other numerous restaurants around it. It's a cozy dining room (sit upstairs next to the window if you can) with good prices and excellent Thai food.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Super authentic food and genuine people! Amazing pad Thai and I've spent 4 months in Thailand quite recently!

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Right around the corner so I very much wanted to embrace this establishment. I love Thai food and was crossing my fingers. Service was swift as we sat down but a bit understaffed as more people flowed in and they were a little overwhelmed at the dinner hour.

A standard test for me is the classic lotus salad: it was bland and the peanuts on top were stale. My main entree was a red parang curry with chicken. While the curry sauce was delicious, the meat was overcooked (always hard with chicken) and even more disappointing was the absolute lack of vegetables in the dish. I ate way too many bamboo shoots. I did have three pieces of eggplant, which were terrific. My friend had the Drunken Noodles with pork; the wide fat noodles were often stuck together (ugh).

The restaurant was clean and bright. Both upstairs and downstairs had windows that allowed you to watch the foot traffic along King Street so the views are great.

I found this place to be very average; not awful, just average.